189 Visa Lodged October 2015

hjd

Hi everyone! Thought I'd start an October 2015 thread for the 189 visa. I got our EOI invitation yesterday and we submitted our visa within an hour...super keen!! :) My BF is the primary applicant as a secondary school teacher. I'm just tagging along. Let me know how you all get on. I'm interested to know how quickly people get assigned a CO and then how quickly visa's start getting approved. Good luck everyone x

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey!

I also got my invite 8th October and submitted 189 same day! All docs have been uploaded (except form 80).. Exciting, all feels very real now!

Shipping boxes also arrived on Friday..

Good luck everyone! x

Oooo...ShellyPlatt...who are you using to ship with? I've been looking but there is so much choice and got fed of getting tons of phone calls so kinda gave up! Probably should be looking in to it again though. thx h

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the Australian Police Check. I lived in Australia for less than one year from Sep 2013 till August 2014 but I also went on holiday to Australia for 3 weeks in 2010. Do I need to complete an Australian Police Check. Thanks in advance :)

Hello! I've travelled/lived abroad A LOT so have done quite a bit of reading and my understanding is you only need a police check if you lived in the same country for 12 months or more. So despite everywhere I had lived I only needed to apply for my uk and Canadian....which isn't so bad!! Double check your dates and make sure it is less than a year just in case :)

Hello. Any Accountants who received invitations during the October 9 round? Submitted mine August 24 with 70 points but was frustrated didn't get an invitation last week. I'm now wondering if there was anyone under the same occupation who received one. Thanks!

Hey, I submitted an EOI for management accountant on 12 Sep 2015 with 70 points, and was hoping to get an invitation last week. Judging by your submission date I may have to wait a bit longer..

Oooo...ShellyPlatt...who are you using to ship with? I've been looking but there is so much choice and got fed of getting tons of phone calls so kinda gave up! Probably should be looking in to it again though. thx h

I have gone with Anglo Pacific. Like you I got fed up with tons of phone calls, voicemails and emails! I gave Anglo Pacific a call after reading a recommendation on here, the agent was really helpful and the price was good... so far so good!

I have gone with Anglo Pacific. Like you I got fed up with tons of phone calls, voicemails and emails! I gave Anglo Pacific a call after reading a recommendation on here, the agent was really helpful and the price was good... so far so good!

Thanks for the help! I'll give them a buzz...

Hello! I've travelled/lived abroad A LOT so have done quite a bit of reading and my understanding is you only need a police check if you lived in the same country for 12 months or more. So despite everywhere I had lived I only needed to apply for my uk and Canadian....which isn't so bad!! Double check your dates and make sure it is less than a year just in case :)

I definitely spent just under one year in Australia and just a short holiday in Australia in 2010. I have my PCC for UK. It doesn't look like I will require one for Australia. Thanks for your help :)

We paid a few days ago and began uploading docs but in the web dialog all docs are designated as recommended as opposed to required.

So we have no idea should we fill out form 80 and 1221 for both of us or should primary applicant fill out form 80 and the dependent fill out form 1221...any thoughts?

Hi All,

New to the forum and have received an invitation. Application sent and all paid for, documents uploaded just waiting on a medical (next week). Anyone know how long we have to wait for a case officer?

I've been looking about and I can't seem to find any kind of time scale. Captain C might know. I hope it's quick though...the colder it gets in the UK the quicker I want I leave!!

I've been looking about and I can't seem to find any kind of time scale. Captain C might know. I hope it's quick though...the colder it gets in the UK the quicker I want I leave!!

How do you think I feel? 3 weeks ago it was hot and humid, I was in shorts. Right now it's 1 degree. Winter's come fast this year.

We had about a week of summer in the UK the year and it's been Autumn ever since! It's was hotter in Brisbane during the middle of their winter than it was here in the middle of our summer....and they wonder why Brits moan about the weather all the time :D

Yay, just paid, lodged and front loaded documents for 189 - midwife with 65 points. Going to sort police checks tomorrow..... I'm sure I read that we should wait until we are assigned a CO to book medicals because we need a reference number, is that right?

You can do your medicals whenever. As long as they're still valid for when you want to go to Aus. You do it through your immi account. It'll give you a HAP ID and then you can book your medical. Easy peasy.

You can do your medicals whenever. As long as they're still valid for when you want to go to Aus. You do it through your immi account. It'll give you a HAP ID and then you can book your medical. Easy peasy.

Hi hjd,

I visited immi website and it says the following. Should I just wait?

You should not use My Health Declarations if you:

• have already lodged a visa application as this will slow down the processing of your visa application