Using a migration agent?

Castling

Hi, myself and my husband are new to this forum, so apolgies if this is already a thread that has been discussed. We having been looking into getting a subclass 190 visa but doing it all ourselves through the embassy but do not know if this is a sensible idea. Or if it is safer, easier or more reliable to use a good agent.Any advice would be very much appreciated!

I always recommend an agent. Most of the good ones will do an initial assessment for free.

Emigrating is a huge life changing thing and very expensive. A mistake along the way can result in losing thousands. You would be surprised at the number of people that make a mistake. Often not even realising they have until it is too late.

It just depends really. Some applications are more straight forward than others, some skills assessments are much harder than others, some people are better with paperwork than others.

I started with a registered migration agent but they weren't very good and I took over, I was much happier doing it myself and should have done from the start. In other cases, an agent can be of great use.

Hi, myself and my husband are new to this forum, so apolgies if this is already a thread that has been discussed. We having been looking into getting a subclass 190 visa but doing it all ourselves through the embassy but do not know if this is a sensible idea. Or if it is safer, easier or more reliable to use a good agent.Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Embassies have nothing to do with processing subclass 190 visa applications, except to verify work experience claims and possibly check whether documents are genuine.

May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent to ascertain whether you qualify and to develop a visa strategy?

We did it ourselves, but that was long ago when the visa was much cheaper. If we'd made a mistake, it wouldn't have been such a waste of money.

Nowadays, since the whole process can be so expensive and complicated, I think the extra money for an agent is money well spent. Just make sure they're MARA registered (like WRussell in the post above).

It will depend on your personal situation, the complexity of the matter and your understanding of the visa process.

If you have not looked at the process, be prepared for a steep learning curve with the 190 visa.

Some of the things that you will need to gain an understanding of:

· The points system:

· SkillSelect;

· Skills Assessment;

· State Sponsorship;

· Visa application process.

As mentioned before, the Embassy has nothing to do with your application.