Withdrawing / canceling EOI after invitation?

krisskross

Hi,

I applied for 189 visa back in May. Later on, I applied for VIC SS and got invited to apply, I was instructed to create a separate EOI for 190 visa, witch I did and lodged my visa application, payed the fee and uploaded the docs. However I did not cancel 189 EOI, and now I got the invitation to lodge my application.

Since I opted for 190, should I withdraw 189 EOI or wait for it to expire?

Hi,

I applied for 189 visa back in May. Later on, I applied for VIC SS and got invited to apply, I was instructed to create a separate EOI for 190 visa, witch I did and lodged my visa application, payed the fee and uploaded the docs. However I did not cancel 189 EOI, and now I got the invitation to lodge my application.

Since I opted for 190, should I withdraw 189 EOI or wait for it to expire?

KrissKross - Withdraw it if you can, as after it expires (after 60 days) you then go in the cue for another invite..... It means some other applicant does;t get an invite as each invite uses up one of this years allocation....

Which occupation were you in?

If you have already applied for a visa ignore the 189 invitation it will expire after 60 days and will not affect your current application you have lodged.

No, but it does use up an invite for other applicants.... hence it would be better if he cancels his 189 EOI application

Un-used invitations will go back to the pool invites for the year. So no he hasn't used up an invite for another applicant.

Are you sure ? the website does't say that.... it talks of monthly/annual invites. It doesn't add prior months invites which were unused, so I can't see how they go back into the pool.....

Are you sure ? the website does't say that.... it talks of monthly/annual invites. It doesn't add prior months invites which were unused, so I can't see how they go back into the pool.....

Lebourvellec is right, the unused invitation goes back into the system after 60 days.

When the invitations are put back in the pool, they get added on at the end of the year so that when the programme year finishes, the exact amount of invitations published have been sent out.

The OP can only withdraw an EOI before invitation. After expiry, an EOI will self cancel and will not enter the queue again.

You are right about the pro rata arrangement though, an invite to somebody that doesn't use it has effectively taken away a spot from the next in line (for that month). Particularly bad for the limited invitations for pro rata occupations who are swimming against the tide in the first place.

Edited by CaptainC

Hi Captain,

Do you have any source confirming the same. As Pommie said, the department talks only about sending a particular number of invites eg 2300 every month. It is immaterial if some one applies it or just let's it expire.

Anyways, I hope you can prove me wrong :(

I've been trying to get an answer for this. Couldn't confirm what you said ie it goes back to the system/ceiling anywhere.

Moreover, in FEB 2015 when the ceiling for business analysts was reached, the department put a message stating that no more invitations would be sent for the occupation in that financial year.