189 visa lodged September 2015

Selina Smith

Hi all,

There is no thread for September applicants so thought I would start it off....

I'm applying under Early Childhood Teacher with 60 points. My husband and two children are also on the application.

I've just completed the 189 form but haven't pressed the pay button just yet, I'm going to go over my information again (for the 5th time!). Don't feel ready to spend almost £4000 without a guaranteed outcome lol

Good luck to everyone lodging their application this month!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I did the application by myself, well with lots of help from this forum really! I couldn't justify using an agent when my application was pretty straight forward (I hope I don't regret it). We haven't really decided where to go yet, we have lots of friends in Melbourne but my husband may have a job lead in Perth. Where would you like to go? It's all getting a bit real for us now. Good luck with your application x

Hi Selina. We are just about to start our application. I'm a secondary school teacher with hubby and three kids. We are also going for the 189 visa. Did you use an agent?? Can't decide as fees are unbelievable! Where are you planning to move to?

Hi both,

Thanks for starting the thread.my wife is applying under welfare centre manager, I'm just the "spouse"!

A word on payment, exchange rates are very good at present from gbp to aussie dollar, ensure you pay in AUD if applying from the UK. Note that the visa calculator is outdated as far as rates are concerned. Calculate the fee in AUD and look on xe.com for the current rate.

Cheers and good luck

Hey guys, thanks for starting this thread. I'm also in the same boat and lodged my application last night after receiving the all important invite yesterday afternoon. Application lodged and payment all made, and uploaded most of the important documents through IMMI account. Need to double check it before CO allocated in 3-4 weeks, but hopefully all is in order.

Good luck to all... keep us all posted on progression and progress with your applications.

Hi both,

Thanks for starting the thread.my wife is applying under welfare centre manager, I'm just the "spouse"!

A word on payment, exchange rates are very good at present from gbp to aussie dollar, ensure you pay in AUD if applying from the UK. Note that the visa calculator is outdated as far as rates are concerned. Calculate the fee in AUD and look on xe.com for the current rate.

Cheers and good luck

Yes I was surprised at how much 'cheaper' it was than I expected when I looked on Xe.com :-) still a lot to lose out on if you're not successful!! Exciting times!! Has anyone front loaded medicals or are you waiting for CO to request them? X

Yes I was surprised at how much 'cheaper' it was than I expected when I looked on Xe.com :-) still a lot to lose out on if you're not successful!! Exciting times!! Has anyone front loaded medicals or are you waiting for CO to request them? X

Sure, but most of the work up to this point has been completed and this is more the formalities of it all.

Yes, we've generated our HAPID and got the medicals booked in already.

Hi all, so glad someone started this thread. I applied minutes after receiving the much-awaited invitation.

Paid the fee and front-loaded all documents on-hand (including form 80 & PCC). Only medical left to do for me and my wife.

Any idea when CO will be allocated? I heard it is 50-60 days (6-8 weeks) of waiting after lodging visa application based on current trend.

HI all .... Exciting times as I have received the invitation on 7th sept. morning

I have filled in the visa application but currently checking it again and again so that all the information i provide is upto the mark.

I have not yet submitted my visa application.

I am currently applying from Dubai, UAE and here medicals cant be done until the invitation comes.

So i am confused, should i do the medicals and then provide the info in visa application and submit OR i will just submit the application and then later upload the medicals and PCC. ???

I request you all to guide me, am doing all this by my self ( Not doing it via agent)

Hi everyone, yes received my invite for a 189 as a mechanic in August, all lodged and paid at the start of September. Now the waiting game. Been advised 2-4 months before a case officer is assigned to my application. I'm in no rush just yet though so that's fine with me.

Agreed it's very exciting stuff, going to be nerve racking though relocating alone with no family too, but I figured it just had to be done. [emoji106][emoji3]

HI all .... Exciting times as I have received the invitation on 7th sept. morning

I have filled in the visa application but currently checking it again and again so that all the information i provide is upto the mark.

I am currently applying from Dubai, UAE and here medicals cant be done until the invitation comes.

So i am confused, should i do the medicals and then provide the info in visa application and submit OR i will just submit the application and then later upload the medicals and PCC. ???

I request you all to guide me, am doing all this by my self ( Not doing it via agent)

I am waiting until I pay and load all of my other documentation before looking at medicals and PCC. Most people wait until their CO asks for them so it gives you more time to activate your visa. If you wanted to do medicals now you need your HAP ID which can be generated from your application.

If you are intending on submitting your visa application now (or in the next few days) then don't request a HAP ID for medicals as you will automatically be issued one upon submitting the visa application.

If you are not intending on submitting for a few weeks then you can request a HAP ID from this link > https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/health-examinations/my-health-declarations

Beware that if you don't have a medical examination before you submit then it can delay your application.

It is simpler and less hassle for you to submit the application when ready and then organise medicals once you obtain the HAP ID number (which is required for booking medical exams) from your eLodgement visa upload page

Edited by CaptainC

I'm using an agent so they're dealing with it all, but I know they wanted all my documentation initially, I'm guessing that was more to do with vetassess though as I have Australian qualifications now so they will just go off the final certificates I have been awarded for that. Hope that makes sense.

I'm using an agent so they're dealing with it all, but I know they wanted all my documentation initially, I'm guessing that was more to do with vetassess though as I have Australian qualifications now so they will just go off the final certificates I have been awarded for that. Hope that makes sense.

Yes it does thank you. I'll see how much space I have left when all of the documents are loaded and if there's enough I'll whack the transcripts on too. Just trying to compress the PDFs but not having much luck! X

Hey Guys,

I have finally submitted my visa application on 08.09.2015 and paid 16,150 AED (UAE Dirhams) for myself, my Wife and my Daughter. I have uploaded most of the documents only the Medical, PCC, Form 80 is pending, I have already booked both medical and PCC and will be uploading it once done with in the next week or so.

I have a few questions and needs help with our senior members:

1.) DO my wife also have to give IELTS?

2.) DO I need to upload all my transcripts as well along with the degree award certificate?

3.) DO I need to fill the form 1229 for my daughter ( both me and my wife along with our daughter are migrating)

Thanks a lot Captain C for the info and all others helping out, appreciate it heartily :notworthy:

IELTS (L7.5,R8.5,W7,S8) : 13.06.2015; CDR submitted : 17.04.2015; Positive assessment : 15.07.2015; EOI submitted(60 points) :15.07.2015; Invite : 07.09.2015 :jiggy:; Visa Lodged : 08.09.2015; Docs uploaded : 09.09.2015; Medicals Booked : 12.09.2015 ; PCC Applied : 09.09.2015; CO Allocated : ?? ;

Grant : ?? (Hopefully by 1st Week Of Dec 2015)

Edited by apra216

Hi guys,

I have currently submitted my EOI for sub class 189 P.R. This my point test breakdown:

-English language ability: PTE (L: 82, R: 90, W: 88, S: 85) = 20

- Level of educational qualification: Master of Accounting = 15

- Australian study requirement = 5

TOTAL = 70 point.

Submitted on 24/8/2015, General Accountant 2211.

I was under the impression that the next invitation round was on 7/9/2015 and the required point for this month is 65. However, I still have not got my invitation for this round. Is there any possibilities of delayed process or any other circumstances?

Does anyone have any idea about this situation? Thanks a lot

Hi guys,

I have currently submitted my EOI for sub class 189 P.R. This my point test breakdown:

-English language ability: PTE (L: 82, R: 90, W: 88, S: 85) = 20

- Level of educational qualification: Master of Accounting = 15

- Australian study requirement = 5

TOTAL = 70 point.

Submitted on 24/8/2015, General Accountant 2211.

I was under the impression that the next invitation round was on 7/9/2015 and the required point for this month is 65. However, I still have not got my invitation for this round. Is there any possibilities of delayed process or any other circumstances?

Does anyone have any idea about this situation? Thanks a lot

See this thread > http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238539

Hi guys, I received an invitation to apply for the 189 visa as a Civil Engineer on 7th September and applied right away, paying the full fee up front. I have a few questions so if you could help me out it'd be much appreciated. I uploaded most of the documents but some documents are still outstanding:

1)Medical Exam

2)Character (Police Cert)

3)Work Experience, Overseas

I have stated on my application that I do not currently have any experience relating to the occupation I have applied for under the visa. This requirement for work experience has me worried. Is it possible to get the visa with no work experience in the occupation you are applying for the visa with?

Hi guys, I received an invitation to apply for the 189 visa as a Civil Engineer on 7th September and applied right away, paying the full fee up front. I have a few questions so if you could help me out it'd be much appreciated. I uploaded most of the documents but some documents are still outstanding:

1)Medical Exam

2)Character (Police Cert)

3)Work Experience, Overseas

I have stated on my application that I do not currently have any experience relating to the occupation I have applied for under the visa. This requirement for work experience has me worried. Is it possible to get the visa with no work experience in the occupation you are applying for the visa with?

As long as you have enough points without work experience then you can still get a visa. I haven't claimed any points for work experience as I have been in my nominated occupation for less than 3 years. Where does it say these documents are outstanding? (I haven't submitted my application yet so not sure what happens once you submit everything) x

Hi everyone,

HELP????????? I completed my EOI & received an invitation to apply for the 189 visa on 7th Sep :-) Now when I log into Skills Select there is just a blue button, which I assume once I hit that it will take me through to the page where you upload your documents?? I'm a wee bit confused!

2) I have 60 days to upload the supporting documents. Does that mean I have to submit my police check and medicals within this time too? I haven't applied for them yet! Or can I wait till a CO is allocated and do it when they instruct me? If I don't upload everything required within the 60 days, will it reject me or will the CO ask for further evidence when he/she is allocated my application.

3) Once I START uploading the required documents, do I pay the visa fee upfront? Soooooo scary paying all that money with no guarantees of getting in!

I would rly appreciate your help

Thanks

:wink:

Hey guys, thanks for starting this thread. I'm also in the same boat and lodged my application last night after receiving the all important invite yesterday afternoon. Application lodged and payment all made, and uploaded most of the important documents through IMMI account. Need to double check it before CO allocated in 3-4 weeks, but hopefully all is in order.

Good luck to all... keep us all posted on progression and progress with your applications.

You need to pay the visa fee and then you upload the documents once the payment has gone through. Once you have applied you get a HAP ID for your medicals, you can wait for the CO to request the medicals and PCC but I would make sure everything else is uploaded.

When you press the button at the start you fill in all of the details for you and your family including passport numbers, it then goes through all of the information from the EOI and adding more detail, you then pay, then upload documents.

1) Thanks Selina, that's really helpful. So I don't need to register for an Immi Account? It says you have one of these to upload documents...but you think I can just upload them after paying on the skills select log in?

2) Does anyone know where I go to apply for medicals & police checks? I suppose getting them done prior to a CO being allocated will speed things up?!

Just realised Selina.... you also got invited to apply on 7th Sep, Congrats!! :-) Let's hope we get sorted soon!!

Edited by Jambolina
add more info

When you click the submit now button you will be taken to another page which I assume is the immi account log in, you then create a new username and password. For your PCC you need to go to https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

For medicals you get your HAP ID when you submit all your info and payment. The reason people wait for a CO is because you have 12 months to validate your visa from the date of the PCC or medical whichever one is the earliest.

Thank you, I just need to be brave and pay now!! Good luck with your application x

Edited by Selina Smith

Dear All,

NEED HELP

I have filled in the 189 visa application and paid the money in full.

I do have one question, please help me:

1.) Do my wife also needs to do IELTS for the 189 visa application. ( I am not claiming any points from her, and I am the primary applicant and my wife and daughter are migrating along with me)

Please help me.