Are we a lost cause?

Bubble04

Starting to think that our prospects are a bit bleak...

No idea whether to put me or my husband as lead on our visa application

I'm a primary school teacher so could apply in a 190 I think and get state sponsorship, but not many jobs around...

My husbands job at the moment involves designing networking solutions using various systems such as Cisco etc, and he has Ccna qualification, as well as some internet security certificates etc... The problem is that he's only been doing this for a year, and he doesn't have a degree. I read somewhere that 5 years experience or a degree are required to pass skills assessment for 263111 job category. Does anyone know if this is true? He would get extra qualifications to boost his application if needed, but obviously we can't magic up 5 years experience...

It's just that his sounds more complicated as far as applications go, but it's more in demand. Mine is easy to evidence for a visa, but there are no jobs.

Am I fighting a losing battle?

Sarah x

It's a difficult one, as you say you can't do anything about the 5 years experience, if he doesn't have it then that's that.

Also yes teaching jobs are not exactly thick on the ground unless you are prepared to go rural and rural not in the UK sense but basically in the bush. It's a bit if a rock and a hard place situation, either try it on your job and you be the primary applicant or wait another 4 years.

That's what I thought. When searching in Perth there seem to be a few teaching jobs, but it's impossible to tell how many people there are applying for the positions. I wouldn't mind being rural, but my boys need to be near a cricket ground, so that's ruled out... They do seem to have a lot of ads for supply teachers though!

If we managed to get in on my application (and I know it's a big if...) would my husband be able to work straight away, or is he restricted for a certain period of time?

Edited by Bubble04

That's what I thought. When searching in Perth there seem to be a few teaching jobs, but it's impossible to tell how many people there are applying for the positions. I wouldn't mind being rural, but my boys need to be near a cricket ground, so that's ruled out... They do seem to have a lot of ads for supply teachers though!

If we managed to get in on my application (and I know it's a big if...) would my husband be able to work straight away, or is he restricted for a certain period of time?

Just remember as I said that rural in Australia is not like rural in England. They do have some crickets grounds out in the bush but they often don't have much in the way if grass lol. Are you set on Perth as it is apparently experiencing a noticeable downturn.

If you are granted a visa I see no reason why your husband couldn't work straight away.

No, not set on Perth at all, it was just the one at the top on my google search [emoji6] Anywhere with teaching jobs would be an option lol

No, I completely agree, rural is very different over there, and would need the facilities. That's the main reason we would move. Opportunities for the kids...

No, not set on Perth at all, it was just the one at the top on my google search [emoji6] Anywhere with teaching jobs would be an option lol

No, I completely agree, rural is very different over there, and would need the facilities. That's the main reason we would move. Opportunities for the kids...

What do you mean specifically by opportunities for the kids if you don't mind me asking.

My children are very active and love their sports. Yes, there are some great training facilities here, but thanks to the weather we've had 2 cricket seasons with 50% of matches called off for rain. They love the summers when they can just go outside and play in the fields, but summer lasts a few weeks then it's gone...

we find the winters miserable. I grew up abroad, as did my husband, and we simply hate the climate. We spend months of year cooped up inside.

I'm not naive enough to think Aus would be perfect. It's not that 'the grass is greener', it just seems to be a better fit for our lifestyle and ideals...

My children are very active and love their sports. Yes, there are some great training facilities here, but thanks to the weather we've had 2 cricket seasons with 50% of matches called off for rain. They love the summers when they can just go outside and play in the fields, but summer lasts a few weeks then it's gone...

we find the winters miserable. I grew up abroad, as did my husband, and we simply hate the climate. We spend months of year cooped up inside.

I'm not naive enough to think Aus would be perfect. It's not that 'the grass is greener', it just seems to be a better fit for our lifestyle and ideals...

I only ask because we bought our kids back the other way and in fairness they love it here. I also grew up abroad, in Australia actually. I'm not sure about summers lasting a few weeks then it's gone, that certainly isn't our experience, we haven't had any trips or anything we have done affected by the weather but I won't try and change your view of that. We all want different things from life.

I don't know your exact circumstances but can't you get a visa on your qualifications without having to be sponsored by an employer ?

I too grew up in Oz,plus had my kids here.Weather wise,nothing changed as far as being cooped up or being outside.Summer can be restricting too,your kids are'nt going to want to be outside in the heat of the day.Winter,yep below 0 was'nt unusual,and 15c in winter might,at this point sound warm?Its not when you become acclimitised.

His CCNA will class as a Vendor Certificate which gives him 10 points but he will need 5 years experience in that field to go with it. https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf.

I recently passed an ACS Assessment for the 263111 so if he has any Q's I'll try to help.

Lewis

Starting to think that our prospects are a bit bleak...

No idea whether to put me or my husband as lead on our visa application

I'm a primary school teacher so could apply in a 190 I think and get state sponsorship, but not many jobs around...

My husbands job at the moment involves designing networking solutions using various systems such as Cisco etc, and he has Ccna qualification, as well as some internet security certificates etc... The problem is that he's only been doing this for a year, and he doesn't have a degree. I read somewhere that 5 years experience or a degree are required to pass skills assessment for 263111 job category. Does anyone know if this is true? He would get extra qualifications to boost his application if needed, but obviously we can't magic up 5 years experience...

It's just that his sounds more complicated as far as applications go, but it's more in demand. Mine is easy to evidence for a visa, but there are no jobs.

Am I fighting a losing battle?

Sarah x

I don't know your exact circumstances but can't you get a visa on your qualifications without having to be sponsored by an employer ?

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm still in the fact finding stage. As far as I can see primary teaching does not come under the 189 visa, so I need to do the 190. I was under the impression that needed to be state sponsored, but I could be wrong...

His CCNA will class as a Vendor Certificate which gives him 10 points but he will need 5 years experience in that field to go with it. https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf.

I recently passed an ACS Assessment for the 263111 so if he has any Q's I'll try to help.

Lewis

Thank you Lewis, that's really helpful. There's just so much information out there that I'm a bit baffled!

I'm not sure to be honest. I'm still in the fact finding stage. As far as I can see primary teaching does not come under the 189 visa, so I need to do the 190. I was under the impression that needed to be state sponsored, but I could be wrong...

I can't help you there, these visa number mean nothing to me to be honest. Yes it will obviously be that much more difficult if you need sponsorship as there are apparently more teachers than jobs which is why you may need to go somewhere local teachers aren't prepared to.

It doesn't sound like your OH is going to be able to pass a skills assessment, so that leaves you. Yes state sponsorship is required for the 190 visa. Occasionally states will only sponsor if a job offer is in place, have you looked to see what states are sponsoring and if there are any criteria like that?

Primary teaching is on the CSOL list but not the SOL I think (unless you do early years or SEN). But yes, looks like we'd have to put the application in my name... Not a problem, will just take longer [emoji3]

yea my sons fiancé is a early years school teacher ! And it doesn't matter how long it takes you lol ! Ya not missing much at the moment haha ! Just take each day as it comes and plod along with it :) they reckon there is jobs for teachers in kalagorie don't know how spell that lol not without looking it up anyway :)

Edited by Shellybingobingo

It doesn't sound like your OH is going to be able to pass a skills assessment, so that leaves you. Yes state sponsorship is required for the 190 visa. Occasionally states will only sponsor if a job offer is in place, have you looked to see what states are sponsoring and if there are any criteria like that?

It appears WA, NT, SA and VIC are offering state sponsorship for primary teachers, so I think my next step is to contact them and find out procedures... Don't want to do things the wrong way round and end up paying fees twice [emoji15]

Edited by Bubble04

It appears WA, NT, SA and VIC are offering state sponsorship for primary teachers, so I think my next step is to contact them and find out procedures... Don't want to do things the wrong way round and end up paying fees twice [emoji15]

Have you looked to see if there are any conditions? I know WA often requires you to have a job offer for example.

I don't see how you could possibly end up paying fees twice? Not sure what you mean by that, but visa fees are only paid to the immigration department, not to the state.

I tend to fall foul of every pitfall on application forms... I meant knowing me I would get it all in the wrong order and pay for the visa prior to getting a job offer, get rejected and have to apply again... (I wouldn't actually do that, I was just joking- albeit terribly unfunny obviously lol).

I'm going to look at the conditions now. I've literally just started information gathering today [emoji106]?

Edited by Bubble04

A RMA is not to run a case that has no prospects of success*, so they must undertake an assessment before proceeding. Under the current quite complex rules and regulations, this often requires more than can reasonably be undertaken at free consultation.

* An exception being to apply for a review in a hopeless case to enliven ministerial intervention.

and

From the Code of Conduct:

If an application under the Migration Act or the Migration Regulations is vexatious or grossly unfounded (for example, an application that has no hope of success) a registered migration agent:

(a) must not encourage the client to lodge the application; and

(b) must advise the client in writing that, in the agent’s opinion, the application is vexatious or grossly unfounded; and

© if the client still wishes to lodge the application - must obtain written acknowledgment from the client of the advice given under paragraph (b).

Note:

Under section 306AC of the Act, the Minister may refer a registered migration agent to the Authority for disciplinary action if the agent has a high visa refusal rate in relation to a visa of a particular class.

****************************************************************************************************************