Contributory Parent Visa??? or other? help?

Guest Hayley370

Guest Hayley370

Hi all,

Hubby and I have lived in Bris Vegas for the last, well nearly a year now I don't know how that happened?!?!?:shocked: Anyhow my parents are considering moving out here as they are missing they're only grandchildren terribly and I told them I'd have a look into options for them. I thought that a CPV would be a goer but what does it mean when it says meet the balance of family requirements?

Does anyone know how retirement visa's work, I saw on the Queensland government website about an investment of $750,000 needs to be made, does anyone know how long thats for and do you get it back, because thats a shed load of money that you'd be wanting to invest yourself not hand out to the government.

I would be very grateful if you kind people might be able to steer me in the right direction because at the moment looking at all the different websites is doing my head in!

Thanks all

Hayley x

Guest Emmalouise

Hayley, my in-laws have just applied for a contributory parent Visa subclass 143. They are both in their late 70's however and I believe there are different categories of Parent Visa depending on whether your parents are Retirement age or not...........

I don't want to sound like an advertisement but they are using GoMatilda, a migration agent and they have been great, explained everything to them really patiently. Their website explains all the different Visa classes but if your parents were to call any of the reputable Migration Agents, they would be able to tell them pretty quickly which Visa (if any!) they would hopefully be eligible for. Look online and find one offering a free initial consultation.

"Balance of family" refers to where the majority of the family are living ie: are there more of your parents' children in OZ or in the UK? As far as I can recall the parents have to have at least half of their children in OZ (or at least more in OZ than any other country) to qualify to come here. But don't quote me on that........

Also, one other thing, my husband has to agree to act as "Assurance of Support" for when they arrive which means he has to have minimum of two years of tax returns to show Centrelink and we will have to lodge some money (I can't remember how much - but quite a lot) AND my in-laws have to cough up something like 32,000GBP each to the Aussie Government, so finances are another big consideration!

Sorry for the long reply but I hope that's been of some help. PM me if I can help in any other way as we are at the stage where my in-laws applications have actually been submitted so I can dig out more info if you want it. I do know how stressful this all is!

Best of luck

Emma :smile:

Archived