Moving to Tasmania

Jules

Hi

I have family in Tassie, and my grandparents and Dad are buried there I cam back with mother when I was younger(shame) anyway I have 3 stepsisters and I go home every year for a month, my daughter and partner and my grandchildren have lived there 10 years and are now citizens. My contributory parent visa is in and first payment has been taken March this year, so excited about going. I have a new guy in my life bit younger than me, and we have been in a relationship slowly for the last 3 years, he's now announced he's wanting to come, what visa do we get him in on, he wants to make it permanent, and start a new life with me (lucky me known him 13 years plus as a friend) didn't see this coming at all, he's worked in Perth off and on when visiting friends, so he knows the life style, do we get a agent do we go to Australia House here, do we do a visa 600 and apply for permanent when there. So confusing, he's not married as no children or baggage I'm the divorced one. but my visa application went in under contributing parent visa. He wants to start his own business, but before that he's happy to start getting my business off the ground, (Dog Groomer + Boarding) so do I sponsor him?? first.

Welcome to PIO

first you will need to get advice from a registered migration agent to see if there are any routes for your partner to obtain a visa. But as you have need sponsored under the CPV there are limitations on you to sponsoring partners as you have been in a relationship before you obtained the visa, you can not sponsor for a partner visa for 5 years. As your application has not yet been granted I'm not sure if there is away to add your partner to the existing application but the big payment would also be required for them.

I would try go matilda for advice if it is possible for him to be added to existing application or if he is eligible for his own visa given that you can not sponsor him for 5 years.

Edited by lebourvellec
Typo

Sounds very tricky to me. Adding him onto your CPV application is something to look into if you are a defacto couple, but I am not sure you are? Do you live together now? Have you joint finances, insurances, beneficiarys in each other's wills etc?

Business visas are very difficult to get and have huge financial hurdles in terms of track record of turnover. Does he run a large company in the UK?

You could only sponsor him as an employee on a 457 visa in your business if he has the necessary skills and experience for the job. Does he? You would also have to meet other criteria for business sponsors and just generally I think you would be held up to huge scrutiny. Also he would not be able to set up his own business whilst he is working for you on a 457.

Is he too old for skilled migration? The official cut off is 50 but it is nigh on impossible after age of 45.