GSM Visa after Cancer

Kbobs

Hi guys,

My husband and I were very close to applying for the skilled migration visa back in 2012.

husband is a carpenter.

He was then diagnosed with Leukaemia.

He reacted very well to treatment and in October was in remission.

So this October he will have reached 3 years remission.

We would still like to go but obviously need to check where we stand with his health.

Has anybody successfully got their visa and been in a similar situation or do you know where I should be finding this out? Are there agents that specifically deal with this type of case?

Thank you

kylee

I was successful in getting PR after only 2 years clear. It all depends on the medical (which will likely require further info requested from your medical team). The crucial factor is the projected ongoing costs of any care or treatment required.

My medical report at the time basically said that I had cancer, it was treated successfully, and that they don't expect any further issues out of the norm. (Little did they know! [emoji12])

There are migration agents who have a good reputation for dealing with medical issues. I can't recommend any because I didn't use any of the agents who are often mentioned on these forums. I used the ISA Group, based in Perth. Other agents are available. [emoji3]

Edited by Suzukiscottie

Hi guys,

My husband and I were very close to applying for the skilled migration visa back in 2012.

husband is a carpenter.

He was then diagnosed with Leukaemia.

He reacted very well to treatment and in October was in remission.

So this October he will have reached 3 years remission.

We would still like to go but obviously need to check where we stand with his health.

Has anybody successfully got their visa and been in a similar situation or do you know where I should be finding this out? Are there agents that specifically deal with this type of case?

Thank you

kylee

This is one of the most complex and difficult areas of migration law.

Get the medical issue sorted before you apply, to ascertain your prospects of success.

That is exactly what i want to do. But dont know where to start, hence my readon for asking on here

The forum can offer you some comfort and reassurance, there are examples of people that have got the GSM visa post cancer, so you definitely are not ruled out.

But for actual help, you really need to put this into the hands of a migration expert.

Good luck.