Visa 189 Application - HELP

Pommie

Hi All

Having been briefly on cloud 9 after receiving an Invitation in the August 2015 round, I have come crashing down to earth with a bump when trying to complete the form. On page 4 (of 17) when trying to confirm my personal details, a red text box comes up with the following:

• One of the following issues is preventing this application from continuing:
  • - The applicant has a previous visa cancellation or refusal.
  • - The applicant does not hold an appropriate visa.
  • - The applicant has a condition on the current visa.
  • - The applicant's location cannot be confirmed.
  • - The applicant is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.

• The applicant will not be able to continue. The applicant should review the eligibility information on the department's website.

I have no idea why this would come up..... If anyone has any experience of similar I would appreciate any advice...!!

Thanks....

Edited by Pommie

Are any of those options relevant to you? I never had that happen to me but it would make me double check all my application details n eligibility. If you are sure it's an error, then I would contact immi n ask what's going on...

Hi Lorna

I don't think any of these apply - I was on a 457, but there is definitely no reason why they would put a flag on my account.

It could be because I only sat my medical yesterday (I got HAP ID up front, before my visa application) and I know it will take a week for the Doctor to get all the results and send them to DIBP. I guess I am clutching at straws...

What is strange is the way it won;t even let me proceed to complete the application form...

I will try and call Brisbane tonight to see if they can help....

Frustrating as I have everything ready to upload.....

Yeah you must be very frustrated..I'd probably have been sick if that had happened to me lol your medical shouldn't cause a message like that..i was on 457 before i applied too..it is weird..have you tried logging out and going back in? Hopefully just a glitch or u get through on phone number n get it resolved

Yeah you must be very frustrated..I'd probably have been sick if that had happened to me lol your medical shouldn't cause a message like that..i was on 457 before i applied too..it is weird..have you tried logging out and going back in? Hopefully just a glitch or u get through on phone number n get it resolved

Yeah, tried that.... I'm sure I will get it sorted.... just a pain in the arse really ;-)

Yeah, tried that.... I'm sure I will get it sorted.... just a pain in the arse really ;-)

Hey Pommie, you could email the UK office to find out, they are quite helpful however could take 48 hours to respond. If you call, you could possibly be on hold for a while. I had trouble with the system for almost a week when I tried to get my HAP. I got a message saying that there was a technical glitch and to try and again, and it was fine when I did.

However, do you have a current visa for Australia, be it even a working holiday etc? If so, that may be a reason. Sorry if none of this is relevant to you and good luck with your application.

I know of a few partner visa applicants who have had this same message and the culprit has been the limbo medical check. I'd suggest you contact DIBP's technical support to see what they can suggest, but you may need to wait for the doctor to upload the medical check results into the system before you can proceed.

Hi All

Thanks for all your help. I managed to spend nearly 2 hours on the phone with DIBP at midnight UK time last night trying to sort this. It turns out that they still had me as Onshore (In Australia) after my 457 expired and hence I am deemed Unlawful. they have the rest of my family as leaving on the flight we all left on - sounds like the confusion was created because I lost my passport and had to leave in an emergency travel document.

they need to change my date off leaving, mark me as Offshore and Lawful, which they said they would....

anyway - fingers crossed this is sorted in the next week and will allow me to complete visa application....

Hi All

Thanks for all your help. I managed to spend nearly 2 hours on the phone with DIBP at midnight UK time last night trying to sort this. It turns out that they still had me as Onshore (In Australia) after my 457 expired and hence I am deemed Unlawful. they have the rest of my family as leaving on the flight we all left on - sounds like the confusion was created because I lost my passport and had to leave in an emergency travel document.

they need to change my date off leaving, mark me as Offshore and Lawful, which they said they would....

anyway - fingers crossed this is sorted in the next week and will allow me to complete visa application....

Jeez, what a nightmare! Oh well at least it's getting sorted now. You'd have thought that this would have flagged up before the invitation.

Dear All,

i am from Bangladesh and applied for class 189 visa on January 2015. On May I got indian visa and planned to visit india on September 2015. Meanwhile, i am fortunate enough that i am granted 189 visa on July 2015.

As far as i know, i am required to inform Australian immigration authority through immiaccount any change of address or passport details (using form 929). should this inform this information (indian visa in my passport)? i did not inform this to immigration authority coz i think passport bearer's name, address, issuing of new passport and other bio information are to be informed if they are changed. Plz advise.

Rahat

Hi All

Happy days, for now anyway! I thought it would be a bit strange that the medical could be holding it up as you normally upload this after you've applied for your visa.

Dear All,

i am from Bangladesh and applied for class 189 visa on January 2015. On May I got indian visa and planned to visit india on September 2015. Meanwhile, i am fortunate enough that i am granted 189 visa on July 2015.

As far as i know, i am required to inform Australian immigration authority through immiaccount any change of address or passport details (using form 929). should this inform this information (indian visa in my passport)? i did not inform this to immigration authority coz i think passport bearer's name, address, issuing of new passport and other bio information are to be informed if they are changed. Plz advise.

Rahat

Your post is a little difficult to understand, but if I understand correctly then you don't need to inform DIBP if you have an Indian visa, it is of no interest to them.

You must inform the change of address and if your passport has any changes (other than the Indian visa) then also inform them of that.

Just for completeness guys - I've had an email overnight informing me that I am ok to continue. I email them through my flight itinerary yesterday from when my family and I left Oz...... Just checked online and all is good.

So thats tonights job..... YAY ;-)

Just for completeness guys - I've had an email overnight informing me that I am ok to continue. I email them through my flight itinerary yesterday from when my family and I left Oz...... Just checked online and all is good.

So thats tonights job..... YAY ;-)

Well that's excellent. Glad they sorted it quickly.

Hi there

Does anyone know what the next step or what happens , once you have your sponsored nomination approved and maybe a timeline?

Thanx

This thread is for unsponsored skilled visa applications. May I ask what visa you are going for and I might be able to point you in the right direction.