Wait wait wait and wait a bit more

Neil Wilshere

Yes we do have a agent, she thinks we should have been one of the first lot to get a visa from the July 1st lot . The thing is why would the co say go for meds and pc and wait 3 months or however long we got to wait . All was ok with both meds and pc . The only thing we can think of is that I was in the British army for 6 years , maybe that's holding things up ? . Think it's a call on Sunday night .

Hmm I really don't know, all sorts go through ur mind though don't they. We have tired to not think about it but a job opportunity in UK until we go has come up for my hubby and until we get a grant feels risky I case they require anything from employee (he's been with them 8 year) we are with a agent but don't want to go over her head by me calling direct?!

Think my agent is as fed up as us . She give us the trn number last time . Plus she has cc us in the emails and still no answer off them . Quick to take the money but not quick to get back with yes or no . We are on hold for the min . But as hard as it is life isn't bad so it's just go on as normal .

May speak to my agent see if she can shed any light. We are currently in rented as we sold our house but would be nice to know we are def going. Hoping to be there mid jan 16 so we can get the kids enrolled at school for it starting begging of feb. good luck keep me posted if you hear anything

Yes we do have a agent, she thinks we should have been one of the first lot to get a visa from the July 1st lot . The thing is why would the co say go for meds and pc and wait 3 months or however long we got to wait . All was ok with both meds and pc . The only thing we can think of is that I was in the British army for 6 years , maybe that's holding things up ? . Think it's a call on Sunday night .

Same...British Army...6 years.

It depends how long ago and if they sent you to somewhere dodgy less than 10 years ago. I've been talking to other squaddies who have been in Afghan or Iraq more recently than 10 years ago and they are suffering some delays while the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) make additional checks. Unfortunately this process falls under the piece of string timeframe.

On the flip side, it's a good sign that they sent you for meds

Edited by CaptainC

Same...British Army...6 years.

It depends how long ago and if they sent you to somewhere dodgy less than 10 years ago. I've been talking to other squaddies who have been in Afghan or Iraq more recently than 10 years ago and they are suffering some delays while the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) make additional checks. Unfortunately this process falls under the piece of string timeframe.

On the flip side, it's a good sign that they sent you for meds

yes as they say no news is good news , welcome to the suck . I've been out for 14and a 1/2 years don't know how hard it is to get details off the army . Hope they pull there fingers out soon think my head is about to explode lol

yes as they say no news is good news , welcome to the suck . I've been out for 14and a 1/2 years don't know how hard it is to get details off the army . Hope they pull there fingers out soon think my head is about to explode lol

It probably won't consider that travel then as it was a while ago. My last deployment was Sierra Leone in 2000.

I contacted the Army Personnel Centre in Scotland for a replacement red book and a certificate of service and that was all I needed.

It probably won't consider that travel then as it was a while ago. My last deployment was Sierra Leone in 2000.

I contacted the Army Personnel Centre in Scotland for a replacement red book and a certificate of service and that was all I needed.

I had my red book to hand my agent asked me for the certificate and I sent it so god knows what the hold up is . I'm going to call again Sunday night to see if I can ge them up . At the end of the day mate we have payed a lot of money I know paying the money don't guarantee us getting a visa but there could be a bit more information for us . for us it's a family of 4 , if they can't cope with the work load then hire more staff .

The service is bad I think.

I had my red book to hand my agent asked me for the certificate and I sent it so god knows what the hold up is . I'm going to call again Sunday night to see if I can ge them up . At the end of the day mate we have payed a lot of money I know paying the money don't guarantee us getting a visa but there could be a bit more information for us . for us it's a family of 4 , if they can't cope with the work load then hire more staff .

Id have to agree with that. Just a bit more info instead of leaving people in the dark would go a long way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil any news yet? My agency emailed our co 31st July and low and behold we have finally got our grant this morning. Keep pushing them wishing you the best of luck
well done , no we still don't have it yet my agent sent yet again another email today . What we think now is its to do with my oldest son's visa, so hopefully they will respond to us soon .

I would recommend that you look at what you have paid more as a kind of tax on entry rather than paying for a service as that is closer to what it actually is.