Thank you Poms in Oz!

Guest micman

Guest micman

I should have posted this 8 months ago when my spouse visa was granted but in that time we've. . .

• Found a rental property for the boys to live in (decided it was time for them to fly solo!)
  • Found a house to buy
  • Bought the house
  • Made it into a home
  • Spent more money than we should have on this house
  • Had the best Aussie Christmas we could have ever hoped for
  • Returned to the UK for a 3 week work trip (That was seriously weird!)
  • Opened a business
  • Spent every waking hour chasing work, trying to make new contacts, playing drums in a band and
  • Remembering to breath!

They're our excuses and we're sticking to them!

This site was instrumental in our respective visa being granted. Without the support, encouragement and very helpful information

we may not have made it to this stage at all.

Thanks to recommendations from fellow members, we found Ian Harrop and Jenny Baker. Without doubt, 2 of the finest and determined

migration agents you will ever meet. With their help and encouragement we pushed forward after 2 failed attempts at getting my wife's RRV back after

a long time out of Australia.

One forum member suggested that we contact Nigel Dobbie, a migration Lawyer based in Sydney and that was the best advice we could have been given.

He had faith in us, his own ability and knowledge of the system and for that recommendation, we will be eternally grateful.:biggrin:

Once the RRV was in place, I was able to apply for the spouse visa and after 8 months, 2 days, no sleep and a huge effort from Jenny Baker my visa was granted

and we were here to stay.

My advice to anyone who needs encouragement is stay on this site, ask questions, stay positive and don't take no for an answer!

Now, if we could just get wifey's wedding filming business off the ground, my band career up to touring level and some training contracts for the major players

we'd be well away. . . . . :biglaugh:

Feel free to ask anything relating to our journey or send a P.M. I'll be happy to help!

Good luck to everyone at every stage of your journey and thanks for all the support from members of this forum.

Mike and Tracey