457 Visa Processing

Hi all

Was just wondering if anybody was experiencing particularly long processing times with 457 visa applications at the moment?

My original application was submitted online on 20th May 2015 and I did have to supply some additional information they requested which was completed around 2 weeks later. The current status of the application is still 'Assessment in progress' and I'm not sure if the request for further info could have possibly increased the overall processing time?

They state on their website that processing times should be within 2 months for 'low-risk' countries, of which we are (UK), however I did call up their European Service Centre who advised that it could be as much as 3 months and all we can do is basically wait for the decision, which is fair enough I guess.

I just really wanted to see what other peoples experiences were with 457 visa applications which may have been lodged in the past couple of months.

Any info/feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Erroll

PS.

I don't know if this makes a difference but I should add that this application has been done directly and not via a Migration agent. Also my nomination was approved back in April which seems like an age ago now.

Thanks again

Erroll

Hi Erroll, we submitted our application on 15 June without Migration agent and our status is still in progress. We are from country with high risk. Some of my country receive their 457 visa after 20 days. I don't know how the Department decides how long must be every case.

I know that my husband had been checked a week after our application from Belgard.

I hope to receive grant visa soon.

Thanks for the feedback guys - appreciated.

I actually have had an update just this morning which is another request for further information so it looks like it's going to drag on even longer now!!!

Oh well - I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Good luck with yours too.

Erroll

Hi, my husband will change the his job and mobile phone if he should download form for change the details or it is necessary. I don't know if the Department will phone him or they will send email him for any information.

It seems to be ages since we have applied and medical lodged in early June. Till today no answer and spoken to MA,she too being to worried as I owns a cafe business the last 10 years and now apply for a marketing post. Do not have a degree. Got sponsorship and nomination granted now it is really nightmare waiting. Have things been really different since 1th July.

Anyone have their 457 visa granted yet? Heard from my MA, they are really tighten up. I m almost 3 months now and I m losing my hair and no more nails to bite. Is there anyone like me or m I goin crazy, so afraid now my sponsor will not wait for me. My MA reckons it is not advisable to chase them?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

Was just wondering if anybody was experiencing particularly long processing times with 457 visa applications at the moment?

My original application was submitted online on 20th May 2015 and I did have to supply some additional information they requested which was completed around 2 weeks later. The current status of the application is still 'Assessment in progress' and I'm not sure if the request for further info could have possibly increased the overall processing time?

They state on their website that processing times should be within 2 months for 'low-risk' countries, of which we are (UK), however I did call up their European Service Centre who advised that it could be as much as 3 months and all we can do is basically wait for the decision, which is fair enough I guess.

I just really wanted to see what other peoples experiences were with 457 visa applications which may have been lodged in the past couple of months.

Any info/feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Erroll

hi there

my application has been lodged 16th April, additional information requested on 5th May, provided 7th May, then additional information requested on 14th July provided 15th July, i did everything what i could...over 17 weeks waiting , slowly losing hope

hi there

my application has been lodged 16th April, additional information requested on 5th May, provided 7th May, then additional information requested on 14th July provided 15th July, i did everything what i could...over 17 weeks waiting , slowly losing hope

My MA contacted them this morning and were told application is being actively managed. So we must continue to wait. Ugh......... But we must not lose hope. They must come back to us what ever the outcome is right? Please if anyone have theirs granted, keep us posted. It does help to give us hope n uplift our spirit.

There is some hope for you. I lodge 457 via migration agent in early June, medicals requested in July and visa granted last week (on a monday of course!).

Mad rush now to get stuff organised fir our move to Manly at the start of September.

Hope all your approvals come through very soon

hi there

Wow Dodziu

That's a serious amount of time also, even when you got your additional info back to them as quickly as you did!!

I'm 2 weeks in now still getting more info together but should have everything ready by mid next week and still well within the 28 day timeframe, but by the look of things there will still probably be a significant wait for any final decision and that's assuming they don't want even more info further down the line.

Full sympathy though and there was me thinking we were the only ones - I guess all any of us can do is do as they ask, be patient and hope for a positive outcome!! It's also slightly comforting that we are not the only ones as I was starting to take it personally ha ha!!

Will let you know if anything changes and good luck!

There is some hope for you. I lodge 457 via migration agent in early June, medicals requested in July and visa granted last week (on a monday of course!).

Mad rush now to get stuff organised fir our move to Manly at the start of September.

Congratulations! Really happy for u. All the best to your future endeavors. Guess all of us will keep our spirit high ( understood it is not ez) Hopefully by Monday, more will bring good news and even if it is not so good, we can all learn from it ( hope we don't have to though).

Hey that's awesome & congrats!

I can't wait to be at that point where we are starting to organise 'the big move'!!

Hope it all goes smoothly for you and good luck out in Sydney - that's where we will end up too......hopefully ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Good news today!!!

After submitting further information last week and feeling like we still might be some way off, I opened my email this morning to find that our visa has FINALLY been granted!!! Woohoo!

So now the hard work begins with trying to get everything organised for our move but it's unbelievably exciting and can't wait! To all those still waiting, hang in there and I guess the day will come when you can also celebrate and thank you again for your feedback - it was much appreciated!!

Erroll :)

Good news today!!!

After submitting further information last week and feeling like we still might be some way off, I opened my email this morning to find that our visa has FINALLY been granted!!! Woohoo!

So now the hard work begins with trying to get everything organised for our move but it's unbelievably exciting and can't wait! To all those still waiting, hang in there and I guess the day will come when you can also celebrate and thank you again for your feedback - it was much appreciated!!

Erroll :)

Congratulations Erroll, am so happy for u. I can imagine how exciting it is for u now. We are still hanging on to HOPE. It have been 3 months and we are still waiting. All the best to you. Happy happy....... For u.

Congratulations Erroll, am so happy for u. I can imagine how exciting it is for u now. We are still hanging on to HOPE. It have been 3 months and we are still waiting. All the best to you. Happy happy....... For u.

Thank you Moomoo!

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that you get the result you need very soon!!

May I wish you the very best of luck with your future endeavours.

Erroll