RSMS 187 visa, childcare group leader removed:(

Lparker15

Finally thought I had found a pathway for me to migrate to Oz as childcare group leader and I've just found out that it's been removed from the RSMS list for 2015-2016. I'm gutted:( we're are coming over for 3 weeks this October and I had interviews with employment agencies and daycare centres lined up, no point now I guess ( has this affected anyone else?

On the regional sponsored migration list for 187 visa. The PR information services for migration have just put this on Facebook;

As if the list we have are not enough as of today we got a new list. This list states all occupation available for RSMS (187 visa). And looking at this there is currently no Child Care Group Leaders (Skill Level 2) - ANZSCO 421111 stated which would mean that it can not be used for RSMS anymore.

I had been in contact with a couple of agencies who were interested in meeting me in October to discuss sponsorship opportunities as well:(

On the regional sponsored migration list for 187 visa. The PR information services for migration have just put this on Facebook;

As if the list we have are not enough as of today we got a new list. This list states all occupation available for RSMS (187 visa). And looking at this there is currently no Child Care Group Leaders (Skill Level 2) - ANZSCO 421111 stated which would mean that it can not be used for RSMS anymore.

I had been in contact with a couple of agencies who were interested in meeting me in October to discuss sponsorship opportunities as well:(

I still do not know what you mean, I have honestly never heard of am RSMS list. Do you have a link to it?

If you are simply talking about the usual occupation lists, well the only childcare occupation I have ever seen mentioned is the childcare manager. Lots of people ask about childcare occupations and that is generally the only one available, other than teacher of course. Not that it is any comfort, but I am not convinced this ever was an option..

I'm not sure of the link, I just googled RSMS 187 sol list and childcare group leader was listed on there, well up till today it was. I contacted Randstad Education based in Brisbane and they were aware of this occupation and said they do help people with sponsorship opportunities for this role. I also contact This is Australia Migration who are based on the Gold Coast and they confirmed the same thing. If you are on Facebook and have a look at PR Information Services for Migration it's on there

heres a email I received from them;

The occupation of childcare group leader is on the 187 list. It is a

skill level 2 meaning you need a relevant level Diploma to meet the

criteria.

The 187 is a permanent visa option if you have an employer willing to

nominate you for a position in regional Australia and you can meet the

criteria. The position can only be in regional Australia (regional

Australia does not include the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle,

Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne).

Edited by Lparker15

No. That job wasn't able to be sponsored for before on an rsms I'm afraid. I looked into it 8/9 years ago as I was going to study for it and it wasn't even back then (and hasn't been since). The closest job which you could be sponsored for was child care coordinator.

I'm pretty sure when the rsms changed to the 187 the requirements changed from 'must be diploma level' to 'must be in a job who's code begins in a 1, 2 or 3. Codes beginning with 4 are not counted as skilled enough.

Unfortunetly many agencies (which it sounds like you contacted??) tell people incorrect info. I had one way back then telling me I could get PR from doing a diploma in child care. They must have had lots of prople back then told the same thing as there was a bit specially saying 'a diploma is NOT enough' on the TRA website. Funnily enough they would go quiet if you pointed this out. There was one who tried to convince me they could arrange sponsorship, even though it couldn't be done. I don't remember the company name, but that was for work in QLD. :-/

I'm not sure of the link, I just googled RSMS 187 sol list and childcare group leader was listed on there, well up till today it was. I contacted Randstad Education based in Brisbane and they were aware of this occupation and said they do help people with sponsorship opportunities for this role. I also contact This is Australia Migration who are based on the Gold Coast and they confirmed the same thing. If you are on Facebook and have a look at PR Information Services for Migration it's on there

heres a email I received from them;

The occupation of childcare group leader is on the 187 list. It is a

skill level 2 meaning you need a relevant level Diploma to meet the

criteria.

The 187 is a permanent visa option if you have an employer willing to

nominate you for a position in regional Australia and you can meet the

criteria. The position can only be in regional Australia (regional

Australia does not include the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle,

Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne).

Again, what is this 187 list you are referring to? I managed to find a legal instrument relating to 187 visa, dated 2012 (the most recent) and nothing about childcare on there. As Blossom said, in fact there is nothing with an occupation code that begins with a 4.

There are also occupation lists called the SOL and CSOL, they apply to all skilled and work related visas and childcare group leader has not been on any of the lists for years.

I checked what has changed on the SOL and CSOL as of today and it is very little, although primary school teacher came off the CSOL, but nothing else relating to childcare.

I think you have been led up the garden path from the start, hopefully you did not part with any money?

No. That job wasn't able to be sponsored for before on an rsms I'm afraid. I looked into it 8/9 years ago as I was going to study for it and it wasn't even back then (and hasn't been since). The closest job which you could be sponsored for was child care coordinator.

I'm pretty sure when the rsms changed to the 187 the requirements changed from 'must be diploma level' to 'must be in a job who's code begins in a 1, 2 or 3. Codes beginning with 4 are not counted as skilled enough.

Unfortunetly many agencies (which it sounds like you contacted??) tell people incorrect info. I had one way back then telling me I could get PR from doing a diploma in child care. They must have had lots of prople back then told the same thing as there was a bit specially saying 'a diploma is NOT enough' on the TRA website. Funnily enough they would go quiet if you pointed this out. There was one who tried to convince me they could arrange sponsorship, even though it couldn't be done. I don't remember the company name, but that was for work in QLD. :-/

It's all so confusing:/ all I know is that I've been looking at the RSMS occupation list on a regular basis for the last 6 months and Childcare Group Leader was defiantly listed on there. And like I previously said it was announced today that one of the changes to the list wAs that Childcare Group Leader has been removed. If you look at PR migration services it tells you a about it on there

It's all so confusing:/ all I know is that I've been looking at the RSMS occupation list on a regular basis for the last 6 months and Childcare Group Leader was defiantly listed on there. And like I previously said it was announced today that one of the changes to the list wAs that Childcare Group Leader has been removed. If you look at PR migration services it tells you a about it on there

Announced where today? I have looked and can see no such announcement? Or do you mean this agency has announced it to you...

The occupation wasn't on any list. An agent telling you that it was on the list, does not make it so. There are heaps of people on PIO that have wanted to move with childcare related qualifications and the only chance they have is if they are experienced Childcare Centre Managers. Or early years teachers.

I just don't understand why a number of migration agents would give out the same false information. It's very strange! I'm not relying on Facebook I just follow a number of Australian company's on Facebook and I'm quoting what they have said, I don't know if it's true or false.

Here's some information from 'This is Australia migration experts' dated the 3rd September 2014 that I found on the internetChildcare Group LeadersBy This Is Australia On September 3, 2014 · Add Comment · In Work PostsVarious Child Care Centre’s are willing to offer sponsorship for suitable qualified and experienced Child Care Group Leaders, applicants who are currently onshore would be desirable however applicants from overseas will be considered if they are qualified and experienced.Applicants must have a degree or equivalent in Early Childhood studies/children’s services, with 1-2 years works experience.

And here's the announcement which iscah Australian migration made today;Child care group leader was listed under ANZSCO 421111-Child Care Worker. It is one occupation we have found that HAS come off the new 187/RSMS occupation list announced on 1st July 2015.Extra info : Please note we have contacted DIBP and this may be a drafting mistake and DIBP may shortly correct this to reinclude Child Care Group Leader in the RSMS/187 list(Further additional news: DIBP have confirmed to us today that Child Care Group Leader is ok to lodge under RSMS/187)

Are you on Facebook, if you type in PR information services for migration and like their page it explains it all there. Also Iscah Australian Migration on Facebook have also announced the same.

I do not look on Facebook for immigration information! I use the imigration website and see no announcement about RSMS occupations.

Nevertheless I have had a look at the Iscah immigration website and it says that occupations in skill level 1-3 used to be eligible for RSMS but that there will be a list in future. Firstly I don't believe that, the occupation either had to be on the CSOL or be at least a diploma level, which is still level 1 or 2.

In any case though, according to ANZSCO and the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the occupation 421111 is deemed skill level 4. So again confirming that it is not and never has been eligible for the RSMS. (In recent years I mean).

I do not look on Facebook for immigration information! I use the imigration website and see no announcement about RSMS occupations.

Nevertheless I have had a look at the Iscah immigration website and it says that occupations in skill level 1-3 used to be eligible for RSMS but that there will be a list in future. Firstly I don't believe that, the occupation either had to be on the CSOL or be at least a diploma level, which is still level 1 or 2.

In any case though, according to ANZSCO and the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the occupation 421111 is deemed skill level 4. So again confirming that it is not and never has been eligible for the RSMS. (In recent years I mean).

Well thanks for all your advice. I have emailed them to see if they can explain the information on their website in relation to childcare group leaders. I find it terrible that these migration 'experts' are getting it so wrong! Surely they must deal with these types of visas on a daily basis. I will update once I hear from them

Well thanks for all your advice. I have emailed them to see if they can explain the information on their website in relation to childcare group leaders. I find it terrible that these migration 'experts' are getting it so wrong! Surely they must deal with these types of visas on a daily basis. I will update once I hear from them

This is what Iscah Migration came back with;

Childcare Group Leader was eligible under RSMS, we have lodged many of these in the past. When the list came out yesterday, it was not on there, but looks like that is a mistake by DIBP.

i have also contacted Go Matilda so will see what they say

What is that in layman's terms?

Quite a complicated subject but here are the basics. Be mindful that many new Regulations have just been released and I have not carefully assessed them all yet.

Previously for RSMS you had to nominate an occupation with a specific skills level as specified by ANZSCO. There was no list like the SOL or CSOL.

Childcare Group Leader (Australia) had special provisions for skill level in some cases.

The new Regulations are more complicated and in regards to occupation they defer to "an instrument in writing".

On preliminary assessment it appears that RSMS now has specific list of occupations.

Quite a complicated subject but here are the basics. Be mindful that many new Regulations have just been released and I have not carefully assessed them all yet.

Previously for RSMS you had to nominate an occupation with a specific skills level as specified by ANZSCO. There was no list like the SOL or CSOL.

Childcare Group Leader (Australia) had special provisions for skill level in some cases.

The new Regulations are more complicated and in regards to occupation they defer to "an instrument in writing".

On preliminary assessment it appears that RSMS now has specific list of occupations.

So just to clarify, you we're able to emigrate as childcare group leader via the RSMS 187 visa route? Also do you know anything about the occupation being taken of the list due to a drafting error by DIBP? This is what I've been told and that it will be put back on the RSMS list. Thanks

So just to clarify, you we're able to emigrate as childcare group leader via the RSMS 187 visa route?

In some cases, yes.

Also do you know anything about the occupation being taken of the list due to a drafting error by DIBP? This is what I've been told and that it will be put back on the RSMS list. Thanks

Very unlikely to be a drafting error.

In my opinion it was purposely taken off due to Australian education institutions touting the Diploma of Childcare as pathway to permanent residency.

DIBP has just announced late Friday 3 July 2015 that there were a number of ommissions in the occupation legislation released on 1 July 2015.Most importantly, Primary School Teacher (ANZSCO 241213) was left off the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL), but will be added next week and will be effective from 1 July 2015.

Child Care Group Leader (Aus) (ANZSCO 421111, skill level 2) which was omitted from the eligible occupation list for Direct Entry stream of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187 visa), will also be reinstated to the RSMSOL.

The final correction will allow eligible New Zealand Citizens and their families on Subclass 461 visas to be exempt from meeting the skill requirement of the Subclass 186 visa Direct Entry stream - as was previously the case.

Any lodged visa applications in the above occupations or addressing the above skill exemption for Subclass 186 visa Direct Entry stream on or after 1 July 2015 will be valid.