from a 457 to a working holiday?

Toby Nares

afternoon all,

new to the forum & australia! I moved over here 6 weeks ago - sponsored on a 457 visa - by a company who it turns out are.....lets say not for me? I knew on my first day this to be the case and even more so now, I really don't want to go back to the uk yet - and while trying to find a company I can move the sponsorship over to, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with going from a 457 to a working holiday? Im under 31, Is it possible? Do I need to apply from outside of aus? Is there a loophole that I could continue on my 457 without staying employed?

Thanks

Toby

You can't apply for a WHV whilst in Australia, you need to be out of the country for it to be granted.

I suppose you could apply for a Bridging Visa until you find another sponsor.

Do you mind, what line of employment is it?

afternoon all,

new to the forum & australia! I moved over here 6 weeks ago - sponsored on a 457 visa - by a company who it turns out are.....lets say not for me? I knew on my first day this to be the case and even more so now, I really don't want to go back to the uk yet - and while trying to find a company I can move the sponsorship over to, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with going from a 457 to a working holiday? Im under 31, Is it possible? Do I need to apply from outside of aus? Is there a loophole that I could continue on my 457 without staying employed?

Thanks

Toby

If you leave the current employer there is a process to follow before the visa is cancelled and you would have at least 90 days to stay in Australia legitimately and find another sponsor. So I would recommend using that time up first, not rushing to get onto the WHV. As you approach the 90 days, if nothing has come up, you could then go offshore to apply for the WHV.