Partner Migration Airline ticket query

Stinga

I plan to marry my partner in North Wales at the end of this September, the arrangements over there are in place regarding notice of intent to marry and registrar office booked now just waiting for my Special Marriage Visa from UKVisa to be granted.

We understand when Heather immigrates out to Australia after the wedding on a 3 month holiday visa she then has to apply for a Temporary Spouse/Bridging visa then after the 2 year period she can apply for the PRV.

What the main questions are is we have had conflicting information on the 3 month holiday visa.

That is this information that we have received is that Heather has to purchase a return ticket showing a return flight date upon her arrival into Australia, or can Heather just buy a one way ticket out of the UK given she wont be returning.

Also we have concerns with regards to what we need to include on the Custom Entry card when she arrives in Australia because on the card it requests a return date.

Steve

Quinkla,

Cheers buddy and thanks for your swift and blunt reply but that's the stuff we have been told an when this is your first time at dealing with this level of bureaucracy and given the inquest that I got put through by the pommy custom officer the last time I went over there I just want to CYA.

And going by your signature looks like you have been through the same experience with a lot of experience to offer.

I plan to marry my partner in North Wales at the end of this September, the arrangements over there are in place regarding notice of intent to marry and registrar office booked now just waiting for my Special Marriage Visa from UKVisa to be granted.

We understand when Heather immigrates out to Australia after the wedding on a 3 month holiday visa she then has to apply for a Temporary Spouse/Bridging visa then after the 2 year period she can apply for the PRV.

What the main questions are is we have had conflicting information on the 3 month holiday visa.

That is this information that we have received is that Heather has to purchase a return ticket showing a return flight date upon her arrival into Australia, or can Heather just buy a one way ticket out of the UK given she wont be returning.

Also we have concerns with regards to what we need to include on the Custom Entry card when she arrives in Australia because on the card it requests a return date.

Steve

A tourist visa is for a tourist, you cannot emigrate on one! You might get away with your plan but only through lying at customs. Your plan is definitely not above board and arriving on a one way ticket and not putting a return date on the custom card could see her on the next plane home.

I never will understand why people do not plan ahead, or did you wake up this morning and decide to move to Australia? Even if you applied now, you would be four months into the queue before the wedding.

Cheers buddy and thanks for your swift and blunt reply

Sorry if I was blunt, but basically you are asking for advice in how to commit immigration fraud. The correct way to go about things is to apply for a partner visa and wait for it to be granted before migrating. Onshore partner visas are for people who are already in Australia on another visa and enter into a partnership.

And going by your signature looks like you have been through the same experience with a lot of experience to offer.

Yes and no. I spent over a year and a half separated from my partner because she was in Australia whilst I was in Scotland seeking anjou to come to in Australia and then applying for the visa before moving. It was a bit easier a few years ago because the processing times were not as long.

Sorry for the confusion and not explaining tings as good as I should have but I am an Australian and I will be sponsoring my partner we will be applying onshore for the Permanent Partner Visa once she arrives here but first we need to apply for a bridging visa asap on her arrival here. Gee ya didn't think that I would be that I would be naive enough to post on this site, which is most properly visited regularly by the Department, a request for some shonky advice did ya LOL:wink:. Going the on the advice that I have received the only way my wife can get here is via a visitors visa, plenty of visitors come in on a one way ticket and suck-it-and-see so long as you leave before yours visa's times up or you put into place other arrangements. But there was some confusion between us and the agent on the ticket and departure date issue but that's sorted now.

So thanks for your views have a nice day:cool:

Edited by Stinga

Sorry for the confusion and not explaining tings as good as I should have but I am an Australian and I will be sponsoring my partner we will be applying onshore for the Permanent Partner Visa once she arrives here but first we need to apply for a bridging visa asap on her arrival here. Gee ya didn't think that I would be that I would be naive enough to post on this site, which is most properly visited regularly by the Department, a request for some shonky advice did ya LOL:wink:. Going the on the advice that I have received the only way my wife can get here is via a visitors visa, plenty of visitors come in on a one way ticket and suck-it-and-see so long as you leave before yours visa's times up or you put into place other arrangements. But there was some confusion between us and the agent on the ticket and departure date issue but that's sorted now.

So thanks for your views have a nice day:cool:

She cannot apply for a bridging visa.

Your wife might get away with entering as a tourist, while lying about her intention to leave again, and she can then apply for a Spouse visa.When her tourist visa expires she would then go onto a bridging visa while waiting for the grant.

That is NOt the only way she can get to Australia though. Howev told you that is just wrong. She could get there by the correct route, without lying to Immigration, which is what most of us have done. Apply offshore for a Spouse bisa then move when its granted.

Nemesis are you an Migration agent and what's your MARN number because the person who advised us has one. We were advised last year at our first meeting with our agent that we could get married here or over there so we choose over there for personal reasons then apply onshore for a Partner/Spouse Visa on return to Australia after gaining a bridging visa and before her 12month VISITOR VISA expires.

So I'm not sure if it's playing within the rules or as had been said before being called a LIER or the agent is shonky or even the rules have changed since you and others went through the process but that's what I thought these so called forums where all about to try and find out stuff and I have for sure found out a lot.

Stinga - along with many others you've fallen victim to the cliquey nature of PIO.There's a little group who all follow each other to shoot you down because they think they're the visa police ;)The fact is that there are some visas which as you know, you can apply for onshore.And in order to do that , you have to get yourself onshore. With a visit visa .I did it myself. Shoot me down everyone.At no point did I lie either about my intentions, though no doubt you'll all be totally convinced that that's the only way we can do these things.Stinga- imagine how many more people would actively use this forum if they felt welcome. And the same old few die-hards weren't calling them liars at the first opportunity. It's sad eh but they love scaring decent people away.I have some lovely chats with people by PM - it's the safest way to go if you're not comfortable with having your head bitten off on a regular basis.

Hopefully your migration agent did provide some advice to you on the risk that your partner might be refused entry on arrival in Australia on a visitor visa. The final decision will rest with the immigration officer when you land in Australia. If that immigration officer decides that your partner is not a genuine visitor, your partner may be refused immigration clearance, have the visitor visa cancelled, and be put back on a plane to the UK.

The fact that the preference is to buy a one way ticket "given she wont be returning" suggests that an immigration officer would have grounds to cancel the visitor visa.

Earlier you talked about 3 month holiday visa, and in your latest post you talk about applying "onshore for a partner/spouse visa ... after gaining a bridging visa and before her 12 month visitor visa expires". You won't gain a bridging visa before applying onshore for the partner visa - the bridging visa is granted after the a valid application for the onshore visa is lodged (so you seem to have that the wrong way around); your partner is not likely to be granted a 12 month visitor visa - but that may actually be in her best interests that she get a shorter visitor visa as being on a bridging visa awaiting the outcome of a partner visa application would be more beneficial to her than being on a visitor visa... but presumably your migration agent has explained all of this to you.

So I'm not sure if it's playing within the rules or as had been said before being called a LIER or the agent is shonky or even the rules have changed since you and others went through the process but that's what I thought these so called forums where all about to try and find out stuff and I have for sure found out a lot.

Well, if you don't want to be liars, your wife (as she will be) should say on her landing card that she intends to live with you, put down your contact details as her husband, and leave the departure date blank and explain that she has just married an Australian citizen and intends to apply for an onshore partner visa at the earliest opportunity. She is likely to be turned around, but at least you won't be liars.

From your post, it looks as though you are both in Australia at the moment and intend to leave to get married, and then return. This is a bad strategy. You would be better off marrying in Australia and then submitting an onshore partner visa. That's what the onshore partner visas are there for. Otherwise, if your wife intends to marry in Wales, she should apply for an off-shore partner visa and then, if necessary, get a visitor visa or ETA to travel to Australia and wait out the processing, She would then need to hop across to NZ when the time comes to grant the visa, allowing it to be granted offshore.

Coming as a visitor with the intention of applying for an onshore visa would be a breach of the visa conditions.

It's about transparency - being clear with DIBP at all stages about your intentions and doing things in the right order.

Nemesis are you an Migration agent and what's your MARN number because the person who advised us has one. We were advised last year at our first meeting with our agent that we could get married here or over there so we choose over there for personal reasons then apply onshore for a Partner/Spouse Visa on return to Australia after gaining a bridging visa and before her 12month VISITOR VISA expires.

You should learn to read. Nobody has called you a liar. You have been told that if your partner comes to Australia on a tourist visa with the intention of staying, then she will need to lie at immigration or risk being turned away at customs. Do you see the difference?

Do you not think this is useful information? Because I read that you were about to happily show up, on the tourist visa, on a one way ticket, declare that you had no intention of leaving and think this was ok and you would be happily waved through?

Some people get away with it, others do not.

Edited by Bungo

If I had reached the lofty heights of being an agent I would say so. I wasn 't aware that only agents were allowed to post information on here.

-Your wife cannot apply for a bridging visa, they don't work like that and never have done. but I shan't bother to explain how they do work cos you clearly aren't interested.

-I did not call you a liar.

Edited by Nemesis

Stinga - along with many others you've fallen victim to the cliquey nature of PIO.There's a little group who all follow each other to shoot you down because they think they're the visa police ;)The fact is that there are some visas which as you know, you can apply for onshore.And in order to do that , you have to get yourself onshore. With a visit visa .I did it myself. Shoot me down everyone.At no point did I lie either about my intentions, though no doubt you'll all be totally convinced that that's the only way we can do these things.Stinga- imagine how many more people would actively use this forum if they felt welcome. And the same old few die-hards weren't calling them liars at the first opportunity. It's sad eh but they love scaring decent people away.I have some lovely chats with people by PM - it's the safest way to go if you're not comfortable with having your head bitten off on a regular basis.

Please don't accuse me of being in any cliques, of following anyone around, or of being visa police.

Well, actually on second thoughts you can accuse me of anything you like now as I shall no longer be using the forum. I have no clique of friends on here to miss me as I wander off into the sunset. its just a bit sad that a forum I had been told was supportive and friendly has proved to be just the opposite.

Edited by Nemesis

Do you honestly think the forum would be better if people stopped passing on facts and instead encouraged people to take risks and enter the country without the right visa because sometimes it is possible to get away with it? Because you did? I wonder how busy the forum really would be if that were the case..

If I had reached the lofty heights of being an agent I would say so. I wasn 't aware that only agents were allowed to post information on here.

People in Australia who are not registered migration agents and who give migration advice (as defiend) face penalties of up to 10 years imprisonment and large fines. The following are exempt:

• your spouse, parent, brother, sister, child or adopted child • sponsors and nominators • parliamentarians and their staff • officials whose duties include providing immigration assistance (for example, Legal Aid providers) • members of diplomatic missions, consular posts or international organisations.

People in Australia who are not registered migration agents and who give migration advice (as defiend) face penalties of up to 10 years imprisonment and large fines. The following are exempt:

• your spouse, parent, brother, sister, child or adopted child • sponsors and nominators • parliamentarians and their staff • officials whose duties include providing immigration assistance (for example, Legal Aid providers) • members of diplomatic missions, consular posts or international organisations.

Pointing out that tourist visas are for tourists is hardly advice.

If it is, well then probably need to shut down this whole area of the forum.

Thats why I said INFORMATION not ADVICE. Wonder why you've only picked on me - are all the other posters on here agents? I must apologise for gate-crashing what I thought was a public forum, not a MARA one.

Irrelevant anyway, I've found some paint drying so I'm off to watch it.