186 Direct entry. 3 years work experience not on VETASSESS assessment

AJ235

Hi all,

Wondering if someone could advise - with the 3 years work experience needed for the 186 (I am applying direct entry), does this need to be shown on the skills assessment? I have a positive skills assessment from VETASSESS, however, it states that "at least one year/s of employment is assessed as highly relevant to the nominated occupation and completed at an appropriate skills level in the five years before the date of applying for this skills assessment. The employment described above meets the minimum requirements for this occupation". The problem I see is that it only lists one job for a 12 month period, it doesn't list the job I was doing for 2.5 years before that even though it was pretty much the same role. The skills assessment was also completed in April 2014 so I have over another year to add to that.

In total I have 4.5 years in the nominated occupation but this isn't reflected in the skills assessment - will this affect my application? I have employer references, payslips etc.

Many thanks for any advise.

VETASSESS only mentions the experience required to meet their experience requirements for the nominated occupation unless you have also applied for Points Test Advice. If you have 4.5 years of eligible experience and documentation to support your claim, the fact that it isn't mentioned on your assessment will be OK. If you're unsure about the eligibility of any of your experience, you should consult a good RMA for advice or get Points Test Advice from VETASSESS before you lodge your visa applicaiton.

Thanks Ozmaniac, that makes me feel better. I already submitted my application and supporting documents. Over 2 of the years are from a 457 visa (2 different employers) in the nominated occupation and for the 457 I included my 2+ years in the nominated occupation from the UK so fingers crossed it is all ok.

Could anyone recommend a good RMA who is experienced in the 186 visa? It may be worth getting some advice as to if the supporting documents I have will be enough or if I should gather more evidence. Many thanks

Could anyone recommend a good RMA who is experienced in the 186 visa? It may be worth getting some advice as to if the supporting documents I have will be enough or if I should gather more evidence. Many thanks

Any of the RMAs who regularly post on this forum are OK.