457 Visa problems

MDW

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I'm needing some help with my visa situation,

Im currently on a 457 visa but hating where I'm working, I'm trying to find out my best options regarding visa's and what visa to go for.

Ive been told the 189 visa is my best option but dont really know where to start do i still need to get my skills assessment done or can i use what i have for my 457 visa, I've only been in my current 457 for 4 months.

I know i still have to do EOI first then if granted then i can lodge my application.

Any help would be really grateful.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I'm needing some help with my visa situation,

Im currently on a 457 visa but hating where I'm working, I'm trying to find out my best options regarding visa's and what visa to go for.

Ive been told the 189 visa is my best option but dont really know where to start do i still need to get my skills assessment done or can i use what i have for my 457 visa, I've only been in my current 457 for 4 months.

I know i still have to do EOI first then if granted then i can lodge my application.

Any help would be really grateful.

It is very unusual to get a skills assessment for a 457 visa, are you sure you did one? You probably didn't .... if you did though then yes you could use it again.

If your occupation is on the SOL and you have or can get a skills assessment and you can make 60 points, then it would certainly provide a route out of your current situation in an unhappy job.

If you meet the requirements for a 189 (i.e. SOL occupation, positive skills assessment and 60 points), that is definitely the best option for you. It would be the best option even if you were happy in your job as it doesn't rely on the co-operation of an employer.

A skills assessment for a 457 is usually only required for trades and is a specific 457 assessment and not the same as the one required for a points tested visa. I'm pretty sure you will need a different, new skills assessment.