189 visa lodged May 2015

Doe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw on another forum thread that the 189 has almost reached its ceiling limit for the 2014-15 programme year. So it is highly unlikely that anyone here (that lodged in May) will receive a grant before the start of 2015-16 programme year.

The programme year starts on 1st July, therefore I doubt anyone here would have received a grant by that time anyway. That being said, I wouldn't worry too much if you're not contacted by a case officer until after that date.

Hey PIO's,

Who's lodged their 189 this month then?? Where are you headed???

We lodged ours this week and are heading to the Northern Suburbs in Perth :)

Hi Meljayg,

This thread hasn't really gained much traction has it?!?! I suppose it's fairly early days for most of us.

How are you getting on with uploading docs? I have just about finished today. Uploaded most things including Form 80 and just waiting for my wife's NZ PCC to come back, I think that I've uploaded around 40 documents in total. Hope they don't ask for much more, there's a 60 document limit.

Have you booked for your meds yet? There was a two week waiting list for my local medical centre for weekday appointments. My sons school is extremely strict with attendance, they wanted me to fill in three separate forms to take him out for the medical for a half day. Couldn't be bothered with that, so booked a Saturday appointment to save on the hassle of having to fill out more forms...I think I've done enough these last few weeks!

We are looking at going to QLD, there's a possible job opening up for me soon, but I don't want to say too much in case I jinx it!

I saw on another forum thread that the 189 has almost reached its ceiling limit for the 2014-15 programme year. So it is highly unlikely that anyone here (that lodged in May) will receive a grant before the start of 2015-16 programme year.

The programme year starts on 1st July, therefore I doubt anyone here would have received a grant by that time anyway. That being said, I wouldn't worry too much if you're not contacted by a case officer until after that date.

Limits are based on invites not successful applications, I believe.

Limits are based on invites not successful applications, I believe.

You might be right, I hope!

But, this has come from people that lodged applications in March and April. DIBP have contacted some applicants to say that the places for the programme year are almost at the limit, and will most likely have to wait until the start of the new programme year which starts 1st July.

I'm not sure how to link to another thread but if you search for the "189 visa lodged March 2015" & "......April 2015"then there's a few people talking about it.

You might be right, I hope!

But, this has come from people that lodged applications in March and April. DIBP have contacted some applicants to say that the places for the programme year are almost at the limit, and will most likely have to wait until the start of the new programme year which starts 1st July.

I'm not sure how to link to another thread but if you search for the "189 visa lodged March 2015" & "......April 2015"then there's a few people talking about it.

Also, I hoped that it might be occupation ceilings being almost reached but apparently that is only at the EOI stage where they start to restrict those invited.

Hi Meljayg,

This thread hasn't really gained much traction has it?!?! I suppose it's fairly early days for most of us.

How are you getting on with uploading docs? I have just about finished today. Uploaded most things including Form 80 and just waiting for my wife's NZ PCC to come back, I think that I've uploaded around 40 documents in total. Hope they don't ask for much more, there's a 60 document limit.

Have you booked for your meds yet? There was a two week waiting list for my local medical centre for weekday appointments. My sons school is extremely strict with attendance, they wanted me to fill in three separate forms to take him out for the medical for a half day. Couldn't be bothered with that, so booked a Saturday appointment to save on the hassle of having to fill out more forms...I think I've done enough these last few weeks!

We are looking at going to QLD, there's a possible job opening up for me soon, but I don't want to say too much in case I jinx it!

Hey,

All docs uploaded, police checks are being done at the mo and medicals are booked for Thurs :) Any ideas if its any quicker getting it all done before they ask for it??

We were lucky getting the appt in half term, but we've got a bloody 2hr drive to get there.....yuk.

We have friends in Airlie Beach in QLD, looks an amazing place :)

Hey!

We received our invitation to apply on 22nd May. Lodged & paid for on 24th! In the process of uploading all our documents just wondering if you all submitted coloured originals or certified copies of originals?? Lots of conflicting info out there!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Hey!

We received our invitation to apply on 22nd May. Lodged & paid for on 24th! In the process of uploading all our documents just wondering if you all submitted coloured originals or certified copies of originals?? Lots of conflicting info out there!!

Good luck to everyone!!

I only submitted coloured copies with mine and it was fine :)

Hey!

Good luck to everyone!!

Coloured scans are fine, they don't need to be certified - A migration agent told me that :)

Hey,

All docs uploaded, police checks are being done at the mo and medicals are booked for Thurs :) Any ideas if its any quicker getting it all done before they ask for it??

We were lucky getting the appt in half term, but we've got a bloody 2hr drive to get there.....yuk.

We have friends in Airlie Beach in QLD, looks an amazing place :)

Just got a cancellation and now the meds are booked for 13th. I'm away at sea for a fortnight from tomorrow so it's the earliest I could get anyway.

I don't know if there's any evidence to say that it is quicker to front load everything, but my friend did it and got his visa in 6 weeks from date of lodgement., so I guessed I'd just follow his lead.

My wife's NZ PCC came back yesterday thankfully so it's only medicals standing in the way now.

I can personally vouch for Airlie Beach, my ex had a unit there and we road tripped up there from Sydney a few times, it is excellent. If you go there, take a trip on the Cruise Whitsundays catamaran out to the pontoon that's moored on the reef, you won't regret it!

Hello fellow applicants!

I filed my application on 14th May, front loaded all the documents including Form 80. A quick questions, do I need to fill-in Form 80 for my partner as well?

Thanks.

Im not too sure. I think that the form 80 is part of the character test. If there's anything unusual in yours or your partners past, for example a criminal record, military service, extensive travel history, or dual or multiple citizenships then they may ask for form 80. I completed one just to be on the safe side, as I served in the military and also have an extensive travel history.

Im not too sure. I think that the form 80 is part of the character test. If there's anything unusual in yours or your partners past, for example a criminal record, military service, extensive travel history, or dual or multiple citizenships then they may ask for form 80. I completed one just to be on the safe side, as I served in the military and also have an extensive travel history.

Thanks CaptainC.

Just got a cancellation and now the meds are booked for 13th. I'm away at sea for a fortnight from tomorrow so it's the earliest I could get anyway.

I don't know if there's any evidence to say that it is quicker to front load everything, but my friend did it and got his visa in 6 weeks from date of lodgement., so I guessed I'd just follow his lead.

My wife's NZ PCC came back yesterday thankfully so it's only medicals standing in the way now.

I can personally vouch for Airlie Beach, my ex had a unit there and we road tripped up there from Sydney a few times, it is excellent. If you go there, take a trip on the Cruise Whitsundays catamaran out to the pontoon that's moored on the reef, you won't regret it!

Could you not have just kept your child off school and said they were sick lol xx

Edited by susanbro
spelling error lol