Questions about Engineers Australia CDR

Insiya Challawala

Hello members,

I am in the process of preparing CDR to get my skills assessed. I am mostly done with the CEs but now stuck at the Summary Statement. I have a 4 year Bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication and have been working in the Semicinductor-IT field for 5+ years.

My work mainly involves programming for ASIC verification purpose.

I am confused whether I should prepare the Summary Statement as a Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist. I would appreciate if you could give your opinion on the same.

Thanks in anticipation

Insiya

Hello members,

I am in the process of preparing CDR to get my skills assessed. I am mostly done with the CEs but now stuck at the Summary Statement. I have a 4 year Bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication and have been working in the Semicinductor-IT field for 5+ years.

My work mainly involves programming for ASIC verification purpose.

I am confused whether I should prepare the Summary Statement as a Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist. I would appreciate if you could give your opinion on the same.

Thanks in anticipation

Insiya

You should apply as a Professional Engineer very likely as an Electronics Engineer. Do you use proper verification languages or general purposes programming languages?

PS: Make sure your summary statement covers all aspects of PE assessment.

You should apply as a Professional Engineer very likely as an Electronics Engineer. Do you use proper verification languages or general purposes programming languages?

PS: Make sure your summary statement covers all aspects of PE assessment.

Hi toOz,

Yes, I use the verification language System Verilog extensively.

Actually speaking, I found most of the elements similar in both ET and PE summary statements.

I am a bit confused on this one => "Application of established engineering methods to complex engineering problem solving"

Not sure what is expected out of "established engineering method" here. Could you give an example that could nudge me forward please.

-I

It's always about quality, never about quantity :-)

Good luck!

Regards

Peter

Can't really make the qualitative vs quantitative distinction when each element is only a few sentences :) It's essentially bullet point covering relevant parts of the CDR.

BTW, just visited your website. Do you provide CDR writing services from verbal descriptions of projects done? I know a guy who will easily qualify for offshore migration but is just too lazy to write CDRs.

BTW, just visited your website. Do you provide CDR writing services from verbal descriptions of projects done? I know a guy who will easily qualify for offshore migration but is just too lazy to write CDRs.

The CDR applicant must be the author of the CDR.

I do not provide services that are unlawful, if that's what you are asking :)

Regards

Peter

The CDR applicant must be the author of the CDR.

I do not provide services that are unlawful, if that's what you are asking :)

Regards

Peter

I don't believe that it is unlawful when the CDR reports are based on actual work done by the applicant. It's a bit like resume writing service, the information needs to be put in the right format based on the applicant's actual career history etc.