ICAA or CPA

terry3218

Hi, I'm considering getting my skills assessment done. I am an ACCA qualified and also have a bachelors degree in applied accounting from oxford brookes degree, I am interested in knowing which body should I apply to? All three bodies charge more or less a similar kind of amount though ICA takes 8 weeks while CPA takes around 15 business days but I need to know with which body do I have highest chances of a positive outcome?

I've discovered that IPA doesn't accept IELTS tests which are more than 2 years old so IPA is not an option anymore.

P.S I have asked this question elsewhere as well but just wanted to get a second opinion from a different forum, since applying for skills assessment requires spending of a handsome amount of money.

cheers

I went with CPA simply because I found the staff (both in Melbourne and London) to be really helpful and informative. If you are ACCA qualified, it would make sense to go with CPA as there is a reciprocal agreement between the two bodies.

One thing to note though, for ICAA you can apply via email and for CPA physical documents need to actually be sent to the Melbourne office. The time for the documents to reach Melbourne and for them to be scanned in actually took a bit longer than I thought it would.

ICAA also offer a fast track service if you are in a mega rush and if you do go with CPA, you can get your documents checked over, copied and certified at their London office and they'll also courier them to Melbourne all free of charge.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks. As for the post, If only I was in UK :-( but I'm from Pakistan unfortunately, so I don't have that option. Now does that change your opinion?

A fully qualified ACCA is going to pass skills assessment so it does not matter which you go with in that perspective. ACCA does not have reciprocal agreement with either CPA or ICAA, so there is no particular value in choosing one over the other in that respect either. So I guess it comes down to time and money, although I thought your time estimate for ICAA looked off, it always used to take a couple of weeks and even quicker for fast track processing.

A fully qualified ACCA is going to pass skills assessment so it does not matter which you go with in that perspective. ACCA does not have reciprocal agreement with either CPA or ICAA, so there is no particular value in choosing one over the other in that respect either. So I guess it comes down to time and money, although I thought your time estimate for ICAA looked off, it always used to take a couple of weeks and even quicker for fast track processing.

I got this processing time from their website.

Actually not really a clincher, at the moment I don't have an issue with processing time much. But my main issue is getting a positive assessment

Well obviously! But have already covered that if you read all the posts..

Had this question when i was doing my assessment, however i was more concerned with cost and speed. Thats really the only difference with the two.

In regards to positive outcomes the both institutions have similar, if not identical for skill assessments. The question has been asked multiple times before in past years, even on other forums, you won't get a different answer, no matter how many times you ask.

You only need 9/12 modules its pretty easy target if you've done your course proper. So don't worry and just have a go at it mate.

Edited by kuroro2

Had this question when i was doing my assessment, however i was more concerned with cost and speed. Thats really the only difference with the two.

In regards to positive outcomes the both institutions have similar, if not identical for skill assessments. The question has been asked multiple times before in past years, even on other forums, you won't get a different answer, no matter how many times you ask.

You only need 9/12 modules its pretty easy target if you've done your course proper. So don't worry and just have a go at it mate.

I got 2 exemptions in my ACCA based on another technician level certificate offered by ACCA itself. Will that be a problem? I do have the syllabus and transcript for this course

I got 2 exemptions in my ACCA based on another technician level certificate offered by ACCA itself. Will that be a problem? I do have the syllabus and transcript for this course

Yes that isn't a problem, i too had exemptions for my degree from a previous diploma, i had to submit the transcripts for the diploma as well but that was it. So in your case just present the transcript for the technical course along with your acca transcript itself.

Call them to check if necessary, but this is hardly a big issue don't worry. Assessments are normally more of a concern when points for working experience is needed.

I personally went with ICAA due to its fast track option which i needed at the time(its was only an extra $50 anyways), but for regular service you can't go wrong with either. Pepsi and coke as they say.

Edited by kuroro2

Yes that isn't a problem, i too had exemptions for my degree from a previous diploma, i had to submit the transcripts for the diploma as well but that was it. So in your case just present the transcript for the technical course along with your acca transcript itself.

Call them to check if necessary, but this is hardly a big issue don't worry. Assessments are normally more of a concern when points for working experience is needed.

I personally went with ICAA due to its fast track option which i needed at the time(its was only an extra $50 anyways), but for regular service you can't go wrong with either. Pepsi and coke as they say.

Thanks, and if you don't mind me asking, what exactly were your qualifications?

Regards.

Thanks, and if you don't mind me asking, what exactly were your qualifications?

Regards.

Sure. I did a diploma in an engineering course while minoring in business. That gave me a couple of exemptions for my accounting degree that i did in UWA. thats it.

There might be a difference and you should start from there. is your degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree? Do you have 9 out of 12 courses? Do you have syllabus for those courses from a a recognized institution and program? Those are the requirements that you should look at and see if you comply with them. I think that it was discussed here that ACCA itself is sufficient to cover the requirement for bachelor degree but if not all courses are completed as part of the ACCA program then you should consider this as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I am from Pakistan and I want to apply for temporary visa (subclass 485) with ANZSCO Code (Accountant (general) 221111) with CPA and my Qualifications are:

1. 2 years bachelors in Commerce (B.com)

2. 2 Years Master in Banking and Finance

3. 4.5 Years of Experience in Finance, Management, Audit and taxation under registered employer.

4. I fulfill the mentioned ANZSCO Code Requirements of Course outlines.

Note: Both universities are chartered by Federal Government’s Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.

My Questions are:

1. Either my 2 years Bachelors +2 years Master are Equal to Australian 16 Years Bachelors Degree?

2. Am I eligible for applying temporary visa (subclass 485)?

CPA were really helpful at letting me know whether my qualifications would be sufficient before I applied, much more helpful than ICAA who took ages to reply and even then didn't answer my question. I would suggest contacting CPA explaining your individual circumstances/qualifications for them to take into consideration. Obviously they offer no guarantee about whether you'll pass before you apply but they should have a better idea about how your qualifications measure up against the criteria.

I am from Pakistan and I want to apply for temporary visa (subclass 485) with ANZSCO Code (Accountant (general) 221111) with CPA and my Qualifications are:

1. 2 years bachelors in Commerce (B.com)

2. 2 Years Master in Banking and Finance

3. 4.5 Years of Experience in Finance, Management, Audit and taxation under registered employer.

4. I fulfill the mentioned ANZSCO Code Requirements of Course outlines.

Note: Both universities are chartered by Federal Government’s Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.

My Questions are:

1. Either my 2 years Bachelors +2 years Master are Equal to Australian 16 Years Bachelors Degree?

2. Am I eligible for applying temporary visa (subclass 485)?

Did you do these qualifications whilst you were in Australia?

Hi all,

I have a question...

I did masters in commerce from Australia in 2008, I came back to India for good and started working as Medical sales representative for all these years because I did my Bachelors in Pharmacy

Now as the family commitments grows and better quality of life for kids ?I have applied for PR.

I claimed 60 points without any work experience as an accountant, my work is really different,

Does a CO may ask about this?

Any affects on my PR?

Really worried