Need some light on what should I do? Happy with any information

Elenasngel

Hey everyone .

I am on sponsored 457 visa for two years. At the moment , with an agent , preparing all the papers for permanent residency.

However, I'm 12 weeks pregnant. In perfect relationships with an Australian citizen.

And we thought I will keep it quiet till I get my PR but it's getting really hard to work ( hairdresser, standing all day , with fully booked day. Doctor didn't like my low sugar , iron and hemoglobin. Feel weak in the morning , sometime close to pass out. But i feel better after 10am)

So I've been thinking ,to ask my boss about late start ,twice a week.

So I am just worry , should I tell her reason why I need it ??

She had a baby last year , I'm sure she'll understand ,:err: but you can't be sure...

We are in good relationships , but you know ....

My partner worry about mine and baby's health , he's insist to talk to her.....

any ideas?? :wink:

You should tell her that you're pregnant and discuss what you should do. Apart from the fact that it is the right thing to do, she'll find out anyway before you get PR either because you won't be able to have your medical while pregnant or because you'll be showing well within the 4-6 months or so before the visa is granted. If she gets upset because you haven't told her earlier, she can withdraw the nomination at any time before the visa is granted.

On the bright side, you're entering your second trimester now and most women are surprised at how much better they feel in comparison to the first 3 months.

Thanks, you are right...and I knew that ;)

I will tell her

I guess I also need read more information about my rights and responsibilities , as I didn't have time haha

anyone knows where I can read about that? About being with permanent rights, pregnant, having a baby from Australian citizen... And all this stuff....:huh:

Edited by Elenasngel

Hey everyone .

I am on sponsored 457 visa for two years. At the moment , with an agent , preparing all the papers for permanent residency.

However, I'm 12 weeks pregnant. In perfect relationships with an Australian citizen.

And we thought I will keep it quiet till I get my PR but it's getting really hard to work ( hairdresser, standing all day , with fully booked day. Doctor didn't like my low sugar , iron and hemoglobin. Feel weak in the morning , sometime close to pass out. But i feel better after 10am)

So I've been thinking ,to ask my boss about late start ,twice a week.

So I am just worry , should I tell her reason why I need it ??

She had a baby last year , I'm sure she'll understand ,:err: but you can't be sure...

We are in good relationships , but you know ....

My partner worry about mine and baby's health , he's insist to talk to her.....

any ideas?? :wink:

As you are worried about your PR I am guessing that you are getting it through being sponsored by your employer? And you are worried they may withdraw that sponsrship if you are pregnant?

Well, it thats the case, why not apply for a Spouse Visa instead? You have said you are in a relationship with an Aussie citizen, and expecting their child. Therefore if the employment route isn't woring, go by the Spouse route instead.

You need to look into maternity leave rights on a 457 - I doubt you have any & given the minimum salary stipulation on a 457 you may find your visa is cancelled.

I don't know this as facts but if your PR is not likely to come through before then you need to find out.

Would you be eligible for a partner visa?

You need to look into maternity leave rights on a 457 - I doubt you have any & given the minimum salary stipulation on a 457 you may find your visa is cancelled.

I don't know this as facts but if your PR is not likely to come through before then you need to find out.

Would you be eligible for a partner visa?

I was thinking the same but she doesn't seem interested in my suggestion of a Spouse Visa instead.

On a 457, you have the same rights as any other worker in Australia. One of those rights that isn't specifically spelt out on the following is that you cannot be discriminated against because you are pregnant.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/_pdf/457-your-rights-work.pdf

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/about-us/policies-and-guides/fact-sheets/rights-and-obligations/457-visa-holders-workplace-rights-and-entitlements

I still don't understand what your concerns are. As a worker in Australia you fall under the National Employment Standards regardless of whether you are on a temporary visa, a permanent visa or a citizen.

From an immigration standpoint, parental leave doesn't impact your 457 visa. Whether your employer chooses to discontinue PR sponsorship is up to them. Since you are strongly discouraged against getting a chest x-ray while pregnant, you may have to put your PR plans on hold anyway.

EDIT: Additional information in case of future reference, I've read that unpaid parental leave CAN impact on the 2-year work considered for the Temporary Residence Transition stream eligibility. But this was from a PIO post from a few years ago so that may be outdated now.

Edited by MaggieMay24

I still don't understand what your concerns are. As a worker in Australia you fall under the National Employment Standards regardless of whether you are on a temporary visa, a permanent visa or a citizen.

From an immigration standpoint, parental leave doesn't impact your 457 visa. Whether your employer chooses to discontinue PR sponsorship is up to them. Since you are strongly discouraged against getting a chest x-ray while pregnant, you may have to put your PR plans on hold anyway.

EDIT: Additional information in case of future reference, I've read that unpaid parental leave CAN impact on the 2-year work considered for the Temporary Residence Transition stream eligibility. But this was from a PIO post from a few years ago so that may be outdated now.

@MaggieMay24 can you please give more information on that unpaid parental leave for Transition stream? I am a bit lost.

I am applying for 186 Transition this month and trying to get pregnant for a year now.

Thank you all guys :cute:

that is helpful

I didn't plans for partner or spouse visa , coz it's just the way I am... But if that would only option I will have we will go for it....

i was only lost a bit in mine situation ....

Edited by Elenasngel
Clearance