AHPRA doctors registration

clc26

Hi guys

Are there any doctors on here that have been through the AHPRA registration process recently?

I sent my application form in last week but wondering how long it takes. I know the website says 10 days for aus residents and 4-6 weeks for overseas drs but I was wondering if it really does take that long? I have a job waiting for me and they need me ASAP. I have been registered previously when I worked in aus in 2012 so hoping this may speed the process up.

It will be nice to hear other people's experiences.

Claire

Hi Claire

Sorry I cant be any help to you, but Im hoping to pick your brains if that's ok!

I am just looking in to returning to Melbourne to work as a GP. I was previously there in 2010 for about 9 months, then returned home. The practice I was in then are keen to sponsor me to return.

I was on a 422 visa that time, now I see I will need a 457 visa.

I am totally confused about what parts of the process I can perhaps skip since I went through the whole registration procedure in 2009/2010, eg I would have had the primary source verification done that time, and had the fellowship of RACGP- (I havnt paid the membership fee since leaving Oz, so perhaps this is the first place to start- to renew this?) The more I read the more muddled Im getting!

I would really appreciate any advice

D

Hi D

I am not a GP myself but no you wont need PSV again. I have just applied to AHPRA and had to do everything again inc getting documents certified etc. I don't know about GP college registration sorry.

Best wishes