Contributory family visas?

toOZ2012

Can't remember where I read this (likely speculation on some forum about 2 years ago) but are there any proposals to introduce contributory visas for siblings or relatives?

Since every change in recent years has been to make migrating harder not easier, I'd be very surprised if it ever gets introduced.

Can't remember where I read this (likely speculation on some forum about 2 years ago) but are there any proposals to introduce contributory visas for siblings or relatives?

Agree with others, that this is highly, highly unlikely.

Thanks for all the replies. I suspected as much and I couldn't find any information on it either. Just wondered if what I read a while ago had any truth to it.

I was looking up information for someone and the best pathway for someone over 65(who is not a remaining relative, carer or financial dependent) is the investor retirement visa at great cost and is not a permanent visa. Apparently they talked to some agent and this was his conclusion too.

There was some talk around the time of the repeal of the Remaining Relative visa but it was only idle speculation along the lines of 'if they're keeping Contributory Parent visas, maybe they'll make Contributory Other Family visas available". There's never been the slightest hint from official circles that such visas were being considered.