820 Onshore Partner Visa - HELP! Do we have enough evidence?

Lozacw

Hey!

So me and my partner richie are soon to be submitting our application for our onshore 820 visa and I am so stressed that we don't have enough evidence to support our application. I'm only turning 20 this year and Richie is 21, so i'm concerned that our age may not be in our favour either. Richie is Australian and I am British and we met in June 2013 while I was here on holiday

We plan to submit the following

Basic Docments:

1. Form 47SP & 40SP - The two main documents that are required
  2. All legal documents photocopied - Passports/Birth Certificates/Two passport photos
  3. UK police check for myself, Australian police check for myself, Medical examination for myself
  4. Our Relationship Registry Certificate that was completed Jan 2015
  5. Proof Of health insurance etc
  6. ​Statutory Declarations from - Both of Richies Parents, A Joint Friend, Our previous housemate & one of our business suppliers
  7. Additional witness statements from - My grandma & My father stating when they met richie, and why they think were genuine etc (they are in the UK so cannot complete Stat Dec)

Proof that our relationship is genuine:

1. Statements from both of us - When/how we met/ how things worked out when we were living opposite sides of the world/ our plans for the future with our business
  2. Photos of - Us in Australia(JUNE 2013) Us in england (DEC 2013) Us in Australia (APRIL 2014) and then a collection of photos of us with friends/family at social gatherings, meals, parties, on holiday etc since I have been living in Australia (since june 2014)
  3. Itemised phone bills from the months we were living in different countries showing that we remained in contact
  4. Screen shot of the 76,798 facebook messages we have sent back and forth
  5. A facebook "friendship page" which outlines all public communication we have had with each other since we were together (i.e wall posts, tagged photos, events we went to together
  6. All Travel Documents - Richie coming to england DEC 2013 when my mum was terminally ill, Me visiting australia on holiday in APRIL 2014, me moving to australia in JUNE 2014, Our joint travel documents for our holiday/flights/hotel on the gold coast
  7. 5 additional hotel invoices from other nights we have spent on weekend trips (AUS & UK) with activity invoices too - (Questacon & Madame Tussauds
  8. Copies of both of our gym memberships, joined on the same day
  9. Statements of how we equally share housework & split all liabilities - Rent, Shopping etc

Financial evidence of the relationship

1. Joint lease in both of our names for our unit in Sydney & Joint Bond Receipt
  2. Joint utilities bills in both of our names
  3. Joint Bank Account (Only from January 2015 though - we never realised it mattered)
  4. Joint Lease (along with richies parents on our new mexican cafe business)
  5. Joint ABN/TFN for our business
  6. Joint business insurance, supplier account letters
  7. Receipts etc showing joint payments on restaurant bills & groceries

Please be brutal! Is there anything we are missing, or anything that could possibly make our application any stronger?

We really want to get this right and just hope that we have enough!

:arghh::rolleyes:

Please help & Thank you in advance

Not much weight is given on photographs, would not include many 5 max. Same with the fb messages, 80k is about of an over kill.

The important parts of the relationship to cover is from when you started living together as a defacto couple, everything before that you were essentially just dating and will not really be considered when showing that you are in a genuine and exclusive relationship for the visa process.

Other things to consider is Wills and listing as benefactor on superannuation.

Your ages are not important, but you look a bit light on joint address information. I really wouldn't go overboard with all the social media stuff and photos, it is not necessary and holds little weight.

What sort of documents can we include for joint address?

Our bank statements have our address on, Utilities bills are posted in both of our names to the unit in Sydney - is this enough? if not what else can we add to this? (plus all the business documents are address to us both, to our address) is this what you mean?

Not much weight is given on photographs, would not include many 5 max. Same with the fb messages, 80k is about of an over kill.

The important parts of the relationship to cover is from when you started living together as a defacto couple, everything before that you were essentially just dating and will not really be considered when showing that you are in a genuine and exclusive relationship for the visa process.

Other things to consider is Wills and listing as benefactor on superannuation.

Thanks for this! Just requested the benefactor thing for our will.. and picked up a will pack to get the ball rolling on this

Our bank statements have our address on, Utilities bills are posted in both of our names to the unit in Sydney - is this enough? if not what else can we add to this? (plus all the business documents are address to us both, to our address) is this what you mean?

I do, but it wasn't clear if you only had them for a month or two? If you have plenty of this type of evidence, I would definitely focus on this and not photos and Facebook messages, the CO doesn't want to be drowning in that.

Maybe put in a couple of statements and bills - recent ones, and ones from several months ago - shows that you have had them in joint names/addresses for a while.

And if you have amounts of money on the statements which are for shared purchases, or money moving between the two of you, highlight them and write notes next to them :)

I'm sorry if I sound dim but how do you screenshot almost 80,000 FB messages?

They don't want them all! Just a couple of screenshots of important ones, that show your relationship, maybe chatting about family, or talking about buying a house together, or the inevitable "in a relationship" status with friends congraulating you.

Good luck with it all Nemesis, My partner and I are doing the same thing in June, keep us posted on anything else you add/find out. I think the only additional thing we are supplying are season passes to a basketball team with have in Perth, whether you have anything else that you guys have joined together as a couple?

Also invites/cards I am not sure how much weight immigration put on them..maybe someone else can shed some light??? but it couldn't hurt if you have things in both your names for a wedding or a Christmas card.

On top of that i believe you can register your 'defacto' relationship in NSW (the only place you can't is WA) so have a look into that as well, plenty of threads on that.

Keep us posted

David

I wouldn't bother with even including FB chats. Unless you spent time apart and it was how you kept in contact or you had some pretty important conversations on there. They hold very little weight.

Most of your evidence seems to be socially related which is probably the easiest category for everyone. But make sure you have things to cover all 4 evidence categories.

I wouldn't bother with even including FB chats. Unless you spent time apart and it was how you kept in contact or you had some pretty important conversations on there. They hold very little weight.

Most of your evidence seems to be socially related which is probably the easiest category for everyone. But make sure you have things to cover all 4 evidence categories.

They are highly recommended if you spend time apart though - my husband does a lot of fly in fly out work and our agent (one of the best around) has recommended excerpts from facebook, viber messages, forum private messages to each other, and a few cards and letters.

Agreed - if anything, they are evidence of not being defacto.

Depends on the situation though, In our case we are actually married, but need proof of keeping in touch while apart, and facebook is one of the most convenient ways we have to do that, facebook messages can be done as easily as texts, in situations where you can't actually talk on the phone - when in a work environment for instance.

Facinating post,

I have considered going back to the UK to stay for a couple of weeks with an ex childhood boyfriend who is in the same profession as me.

He is keen to move to Au's but who knows after over 30 yrs he could end up being nothing like his numerous emails & pic over the yrs suggest LOL.

Happy to see this process seems to be going well for you both thus far.

All the best of luck

They are highly recommended if you spend time apart though - my husband does a lot of fly in fly out work and our agent (one of the best around) has recommended excerpts from facebook, viber messages, forum private messages to each other, and a few cards and letters.

That's exactly why I said unless you spent time apart? If you havnt spent time apart you shouldn't need to include them because you have a lot of other evidence that will hold more weight.