need help desperately, want to migrate and use tra migration skills assessment

savedbytheson

Hi all,

I am seeking for help and answers from this forum, I hope someone can help me

:), Here are my details:

Qualifications:

- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality (2 years program in Australia where the first

year was Certificate III in Patisserie, and the 2nd year was Advanced Diploma in

Hospitality.) -> Australian Qualification

- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design -> from overseas university

Australian Working Experience:

- about 380 hours working as a baker before Certificate III in Patisserie awarded.

- about 740 hours working as a baker after Certificate III in Patisserie awarded.

- about 3 years working in retail with the last position as Trainee Store Manager

Overseas Working Experience:

- about 3 years working in retail as Area Manager

- about 3 years working as Baker

Now, I am about to apply for SS subclass 190, I am wondering if:

1) I am nominating Baker as my occupation, can I claim points from my bachelor's degree even though it is not related to my nominated occupation? Since I will only get 10 points from my Advanced Diploma, but I can get 15 points using the degree.

2) If I can claim points from my degree, where should I go to get it recognized? I have no working experience as graphic designer but.. I have been looking around on the internet and found that VETASSESS would be the right place, but I am not sure if I should do qualification assessment-only or the full skills assessment in order to claim 15 points from my degree..Can anyone assist?

3) For skills assessment by TRA, I assume that they will only consider the working experiences after I got awarded with Certificate III, am I right?

4) Since I am overseas and my country is not listed for OSAP, I will have to use TRA MSA (TRA Migration Skills Assessment). Anyone has experience with this? Did they call your employer or check your workplace etc? Or even call you to interview/check your skill?

Any response will be highly appreciated! Thanks again!

Yes, use an agent as your case is very complicated.

TRA normally require you to do the job ready programme if you studied in Australia, however, you'd have to be in Australia for that.

If if going by the normal route then no work experience before your course ended is likely to be accepted. And then you changed rolls so you really don't have very much work experience at all. I'd be surprised if you would pass. You really need a good agent.