Visa 187, need advice urgent !

Allanm

How's it going guys,

Soo I kinda really need some advices, my boss wants to sponsor me, we've been talking about it for about 5 months, I just wasn't sure about it and decided to do it about a month ago... now my boss has sponsored at least 10 peoples so far so he knows what he's doing I'd say, so I told him to go ahead with the first step nomination, it's been a month now and still no answer, the problem is that my working holiday visa is running out in about 25 days... now what are my options? can I apply for a bridging visa A even tho I haven't lodged any application from my side? or what are my options exatcly? freaking out a little bit, not sure what to do! some help would be great!

Cheers!

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

If you're willing to risk your VAC (which you will lose if the nomination isn't approved), you can lodge your visa application now or any time before your WHV expires. If you're pretty confident that there won't be a problem with the nomination, why not hold off for say 3 weeks and if it still hasn't been approved, lodge the application then. As soon as you do, you'll get a BVA automatically.

You will not be able to APPLY for a BVA.

Edited by Ozmaniac

You can't apply for a bridging visa by itself, it only comes as part of another application. You have probably left it a bit late to get a 457 visa to tide you over, but you could look into it. For the 187, I think you can lodge your part of the application without the nomination approved, but it is a bit of a risk as if the nomination is rejected you lose your fee. The only other thing for it would be to start to prepare to take a break from the job and leave the country to wait offshore.

Thank you, and thanks for aswering me.

So I can still lodge the application even tho my nomination has not been approved? would that be my only option here? it is a little bit scary to pay 4 000 dollars even tho my nomination could be refused and I would have to leave the country then?

So I can't apply for a bridging visa mean while I wait for the nomination?

It is not possible to just apply for a bridging visa, that is not the process, they are only part of the substantive vusa application.

Yes it is a lot of money, that is why I think a break and a bit if travel outside australia might be worth considering.

It is not possible to just apply for a bridging visa, that is not the process, they are only part of the substantive vusa application.

Yes it is a lot of money, that is why I think a break and a bit if travel outside australia might be worth considering.

Yeah traveling sounds good.. but how would that work exatcly? say I go traveling for a month, then my boss calls me and says it got approved, how do I get back into the country without a visa? if I apply then for the visa and get a bridging visa, will I be able to get back and work?

When you get right up to the point of your WHV expiring, you may be able to get a different BV that will allow you to stay but it won't have work rights and nor will it have any travel rights. If it looks like getting to that point and you don't want to risk your VAC because of a denied nomination, it would be a good idea to have a word with a good RMA for advice so you don't make any moves that might have unintended consequences. In fact, that wouldn't be such a bad idea right now. It won't cost much and you'll then have enough reliable info to come up with a Plan B. Here's a link to general info on BVs:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/bridging/

Don't bother asking DIBP. You can't rely on any advice you get from them - they're notorious for giving wrong info and you have no comeback on them if that happens.

Yeah okay I will do that thank you loads for the info m8

One more question, what are the chances of me getting a holiday visa for 3 months after 2 WHV and just travel around untill I get an answer?

Your chances of getting a Visitor visa after 2 WHVs are extremely low. Even if you somehow managed to get one, it would probably have a No Further Stay Condition 8503 attached which would prevent you from being able to lodge your 187 application onshore. There's no way of knowing in advance if you'll get an 8503 and no way of having one removed once it is imposed. If you get an 8503, you would have to lodge the 187 application offshore and wait offshore until it is granted. Not a good idea.

If I was you I would get advice from a migration agent. I've just been granted mine but it took 4.5 months from the time it was lodged but my company said the would do it ages before that and it took them months to get organised and I had to use their migration agents to lodge visa application. PM me if you want details of the migration agent I used. I'm in Perth but they are in Melbourne. Everything is done online so doesn't matter where the agents are based as long as they are good!

Yeah traveling sounds good.. but how would that work exatcly? say I go traveling for a month, then my boss calls me and says it got approved, how do I get back into the country without a visa? if I apply then for the visa and get a bridging visa, will I be able to get back and work?

I meant that you may need to go offshore until the visa is granted.