Can we extend our Visa validation date by re-submitting our PCC checks?

Guest The Nichols

Guest The Nichols

Having only recently discovered PIO we were unaware of the link between our PCC and Medical checks and the date by which we have to get our Visa validated (12 months from the earliest date).

Thinking we were being pro-active we received our police checks back in January, whilst waiting for our skills assessment. We were allocated a Case Officer in early May, having submitted our application at the end of February. We sent in our PCC checks immediately which have been acknowledged. Our medicals were deliverd on 18th June and we are now awaiting the finalisation of our medicals.

Presumably when we get our letter through (hopefully soon) we will have until next January to get to Australia, which whilst we would love to may be a bit tight if our house sale is slow.

Can anyone help us with the following possible options we have come up with or suggest any others:

1. re-apply for and re-submit our pcc's whilst we are waiting for the meds to be finalised, although we may run out of time.

2. can we extend our visa validation date after we receive the letter by re-submitting new pccs or do we have to go through the whole process again?

3. is there any way we can validate our visa other than all going to oz, ie Australian embassy, only the main applicant take a trip rather than the whole family?

Any help would be appreciated. Whilst this is our first post we have been reading your other posts for a few weeks and they have been very helpful and entertaining.

The Nichol Family,

Jonathan, Lisa, Finley (6) and Joe (3)

Guest kimdownie

Hi there,

If your police checks are the only thing restricting your validation date, I am sure you could apply for updated police checks and send them to your CO it would be worth speaking to your CO to see if this is acceptable. as the PC's only cost £10 each and will take 40 days, I am sure your timings will be fine as the DIAC seem to be slow at the moment. Then you would be able to use the validation date from your medicals. Your CO may even hold back your application until he has recieved your new police checks, if you let him/her know.

good luck

Kim

when you get your visa it clearly states that the validation date cannot be changed,knowing this i still emailed my c/o to ask if we could extend my daughters date untill after she had finished her exams but the answer was still no,if you contact your c/o and resubmit your pcs quickly before you get a validation date they might help you

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Welcome to The Nichols.

Kim & Batman are both right. Once they have granted the visa it is almost impossible to get the Initial Entry Date altered, but your CO may be willing to be acoommodating if you raise the question with him/her straight away.

When it comes to validating the visa, though, the whole family does have to go to Australia, unfortunatelyt before the Initial Entry date given in the letter granting the visa.

Cheers

Gill

Guest The Nichols

Thank you all for your advice. We have decided to take it and liked the idea of contacting the case officer. We have also spoken to ASPC on the phone and they also felt it was a feasible idea.

So we have sent an EMail to our case officer, before our pre-grant letter gets issued, asking her to either give us a date longer than 12 months after our police checks, or if this is not possible to wait until we get our PCCs re-done.

Given the current delays around medicals we are hoping this will not set us back too much.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Nichols

Hooray!! We have got our Visa grant letter.

The initial entry date is end of May 2008, rather than beginning of January as originally feared.

We took the advice given by Kim, Batman and Gill (thanks again), as per our earlier post (see below).

When we re-applied for our PCCs we included a letter explaining to Essex Police that we were in a hurry and quoting our previously issued access report reference numbers. We got the access reports back in just over a week sent them of to ASPC on 5th August and received our visa grant letter yesterday.

It is taking a little while to sink in after all of the waiting. I am telling everyone I meet and am clearly a little hysterical when telling them.

The next thing to do is sell the house.

Jonathan

Guest clayton gang
Having only recently discovered PIO we were unaware of the link between our PCC and Medical checks and the date by which we have to get our Visa validated (12 months from the earliest date).

Thinking we were being pro-active we received our police checks back in January, whilst waiting for our skills assessment. We were allocated a Case Officer in early May, having submitted our application at the end of February. We sent in our PCC checks immediately which have been acknowledged. Our medicals were deliverd on 18th June and we are now awaiting the finalisation of our medicals.

Presumably when we get our letter through (hopefully soon) we will have until next January to get to Australia, which whilst we would love to may be a bit tight if our house sale is slow.

Hi The Nichol Family.

I was given a provisional date of entry for the 28th June. This was because our police checks ran out then. We did not except this due to our son was sitting his final year of medical school.

We had our police checks redone and submitted them on 21st of June. We are now just waitng for another date.

Hope this helps

The Clayton Gang:spinny:

Archived