advice on proofing work history

rickyboy

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Hi all ,

I'm a self employed carpenter and have been working in my field for 26 years, i'm wanting to apply for a subclass 189 visa or a 190 if my trade comes back on the WA list ,My dilemma is this .I need to prove 10 years of work experience .Ive got evidence from 2000 to 2007 of sub contracting to one company but after that ive contracted to various people/companies of which I don't have contact details of some , and to top it of I worked in a so called "partnership" with someone for the last 4 years who has tucked me up with my tax !!!!! so all that aside I can get an extensive amount off letters from previous customers and suppliers backed up with dozens of photos to from start to completion of projects completed . Would this be enough to satisfy them that I am a carpenter...

Any advise i would be grateful....

I'm not sure about your work history but are you of an age to get enough points?

I think I can answer that, if he started work at 16 and he's been doing it 26 years, that'd make him 42!

To the OP, get your customers to write references, get your suppliers to write references, get a letter from your accountant. Write a stat dec. A little bit of thought and you'll do it easy enough.

I think I can answer that, if he started work at 16 and he's been doing it 26 years, that'd make him 42!

To the OP, get your customers to write references, get your suppliers to write references, get a letter from your accountant. Write a stat dec. A little bit of thought and you'll do it easy enough.

Ah OK that makes sense . I was thinking post apprenticeship .

How do you know he started at 16 he does not say. He could have done something before becoming a carpenter? My dad has been a taxi driver for 20 years.... but he was a truck driver for 10 years before that?

How do you know he started at 16 he does not say. He could have done something before becoming a carpenter? My dad has been a taxi driver for 20 years.... but he was a truck driver for 10 years before that?

I can only say that "IF" is a very big word! The OP did confirm what I suggested after you posted too :)

Rickyboy, I hope the other advice is useful to you. I had a similar thing, subbie on and off for 20years with periods of PAYE and periods of doing my own work. Basically just doing whatever it took to earn the best money I could.