CertifyingDocs in Manchester UK

OzzyDreamer

Hi Guys,

I need some advice for my friend. When I got my skills assessment/visa I got my friend who is a solicitor to certify my docs so was very discounted so all was good. She has since moved to Germany so can not do my friends. Looking into the world of certifying has been a real eye opener and she seems to be getting heavily ripped off. The cheapest solicitor she has come across has quoted £180!! She needs 17 docs certifying and a stat dec making.

If anyone on here lives in Manchester/Salford UK and got it done for a decent price please can you advise me where she can go? She lives on the Salford/Manchester boarder so can get to either. She has looked at Police Stations but the say they cant do it even though they are on the list.

Please can anyone help?

Thank you

Edited by OzzyDreamer

Im not in Manchester but I took all my paperwork to the local county court and had a justice of the peace to do it for me. I emailed the court prior to check this was something they would do and who I needed to ask for (He happened to be a local majastrate). The best thing about it was it was free. I had about 20 things for him to certify and he was happy to do this. Apparently he told me they were not allowed to charge for the service. Its worth your friend dropping the local county court an email.

Im not in Manchester but I took all my paperwork to the local county court and had a justice of the peace to do it for me. I emailed the court prior to check this was something they would do and who I needed to ask for (He happened to be a local majastrate). The best thing about it was it was free. I had about 20 things for him to certify and he was happy to do this. Apparently he told me they were not allowed to charge for the service. Its worth your friend dropping the local county court an email.

Thank you so much for the link. We will give them all a call tomorrow for some quotes be nice if it was free of really cheap :) although she would tip them well lol :) thank you for taking the time to reply :)

Just keep ringing around, back when we need stuff certifying , i had a massive difference in prices quoted to me and in the end found a solicitor who offered to do it for free (although i did tip them very well to say thank you)

Cal x

Thank you for the reply :) might be worth getting a few quotes like you say. She spoke to local ones near her house and they all said fairly similar prices so she lost faith lol but your post is encouraging tank you again :)

Hi, I contacted the county court and they said they could only do it for items involving actual cases! The cheapest I have had for upto 60 docs is £200. The other solicitors were charging £10+vat per sheet (for my 60 that would have been £720!!!!! Da wat!!!! :realmad:)

Hi, I contacted the county court and they said they could only do it for items involving actual cases! The cheapest I have had for upto 60 docs is £200. The other solicitors were charging £10+vat per sheet (for my 60 that would have been £720!!!!! Da wat!!!! :realmad:)

Holy Smokes £720 are the having a giraffe?! That is shocking!!!!! The cheapest she has been quoted is £250 and that includes writing her own stat dec and he just witnesses it lol :) not bad work if you can get it lol :)

Just jumping in to remind everyone that if the documents are for your visa application, they don't need to be certified at all. DIBP accepts colour scans of original documents. I know it says on the Document Checklists that they must be certified, but that is definitely not the case.

Unfortunately, if the documents are for skills assessment or registration, if the authority in question says they must be certified, there's no way around that.

Just jumping in to remind everyone that if the documents are for your visa application, they don't need to be certified at all. DIBP accepts colour scans of original documents. I know it says on the Document Checklists that they must be certified, but that is definitely not the case.

Unfortunately, if the documents are for skills assessment or registration, if the authority in question says they must be certified, there's no way around that.

Thank you for your reply. I already have my visa so I know about not needing them scanned for DIBP however this is for my friends skills assessment. Thank you though :)