Has anyone had an urgent citizenship ceremony?

MHD

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with getting an urgent citizenship ceremony. I am interested in applying for one but not sure if I have sufficient grounds for it. My father passed away late last year and my mother is on her own now. She's struggling on her own with such a big change obviously and I want to go to help her out for a few months. My citizenship application was approved just before Christmas and I don't have a date for a ceremony yet. Anyone who's familiar with urgent ceremony know if this will be a valid reason for them to expedite the process?

Thanks for the suggestion. The department themselves weren't helpful when I asked them. They said do the ceremony when you come back but given the circumstances I can't predict that. I'll try the council but don't think they'll do much as well because when I asked them when the next ceremony is, they said to just call immigration as they're not authorised to give that information.

Here in Melbourne (Kingston) we had the letter saying we had been approved for the ceremony and the letter advising us of the date of the ceremony delivered within 3 days of each other. The ceremony is planned for 19th Feb.

Time line.

Applied 13th November 2014

Approval letter 21 Jan 2015

Cermony invitation letter 23 Jan 2015

Ceremony date 19th Feb 2015

This time line might give you hope of a quick resolution to your problem.

Mike

Edited by Mike and Connie

Here in Melbourne (Kingston) we had the letter saying we had been approved for the ceremony and the letter advising us of the date of the ceremony delivered within 3 days of each other. The ceremony is planned for 19th Feb.

Time line.

Applied 13th November 2014

Approval letter 21 Jan 2015

Cermony invitation letter 23 Jan 2015

Ceremony date 19th Feb 2015

This time line might give you hope of a quick resolution to your problem.

Mike

That actually depresses me to be honest. I'm in Melbourne too (Monash) Here's my timeline and I still have no date even though the council has finally updated their website and have a ceremony listed for March 6th now.

Applied 17th October 2014

Interview 20th November

Approval 19th December

And when I called on Friday I still don't have a ceremony booked. Congratulations to you guys though, nearly there!

Thanks for the suggestion shaunfreo I will try doing that.