Advice for obtaining PR

londonmanly

Hi all,

This is my first post on here and I was looking for advice regarding permanent residency.

Just a bit about my story, I have lived in Australia since August 2012 starting in WA then moved to NSW in the October. I have worked at my current job for one year and have held a 457 visa through my partner of 5 years since 11 June 2014. The problem I am now facing is that I recently found out my partner spent the night with someone from work and has continued to stay in contact with her despite us 'working it out'. I am devastated by this, not to mention I will have to leave the country if I want to leave him. I just wondered if anyone could give me advise on how to stay as I love my life here and I don't want him to ruin that for me.

I can get sponsorship through my work however I would need to be promoted (only when a position is available) to be eligible and the working environment is awful ( I was planning on leaving in the new year).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I will get shot down in flames for suggesting this...but seeing as you want to stay:

use him, like he has used you, stay together keep quiet, let him think all is ok.

apply for pr together, then up n leave..

either way though, you are now on your own, wether you stay or go back to the UK. Have you enough support to make it on your own here.

other option is to leave with your head held high, stick it out where you work, or head back to the UK.

whatever you do, if he has cheated once and got caught but still cheating, then sorry my darling, but he isn't yours

Options to get PR on your own would be employer sponsorship or skilled migration.

If you don't like your current job skilled migration would be better option, buy this is dependent in your occupation and meeting points test.

or other option as fifi suggested get him to apply for PR once granted it can't be cancelled but you would need to still be in a relationship until then.

I guess there are 4 options (correct me if I'm wrong) -

1) Stay at your current job, get promoted, get a 457 visa.

2) Leave for a new job who will sponsor you on a 457 visa immediately.

3) Apply for PR yourself if you meet the criteria, dependent on occupation and qualifications.

4) Stay together, fake a defacto application but risk getting caught out?