When to expect word about upgrading to permanent Spousal Visa?

Guest Redster

Guest Redster

Hi,

Very quick question here. It's been two years since my temporary Spousal Visa (subclass 309) was issued and I am of the impression immigration will be contacting me to go through the process of making it permanent (subclass 100). For those who have been through it, how long after the two year mark did you receive notification the second stage was to begin? Or did you have to contact them?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Very quick question here. It's been two years since my temporary Spousal Visa (subclass 309) was issued and I am of the impression immigration will be contacting me to go through the process of making it permanent (subclass 100). For those who have been through it, how long after the two year mark did you receive notification the second stage was to begin? Or did you have to contact them?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

They should contact you about 2 months before 2 year anniversary of the date you originally applied. If they haven't get in touch with DIBP - they might be using an old address or something?

Guest Redster

Thanks for that guys, have me worried now. I submitted April 2013 and havn't had any word since the visa was issued in November of that year. I will send an email pronto.

Thanks for that guys, have me worried now. I submitted April 2013 and havn't had any word since the visa was issued in November of that year. I will send an email pronto.

it's two years after you apply, so they won't be contacting you until February 2015 (2 yr minus 2 months) if you applied for the visa in April 2013.

I lodged my application in UK on 19 February 2013, received a letter in post today 19 December, at my Australian address, requesting further information for subclass 100 visa.

I also received an email requesting further information on 23 December, so looks like they are emailing and posting out letter

Guest Redster
it's two years after you apply, so they won't be contacting you until February 2015 (2 yr minus 2 months) if you applied for the visa in April 2013.

My typo, I submitted in 2012.