EOI submitted, can anyone tell me how long it is till you get a reply?

joanne

With 75 points, you will almost certainly get an invitation on 19th December which is the next round.

Are you positive you've calculated your points correctly? 75 is quite high (though by no means unheard of) but many people misread the ACS skills assessment letter. When you have a degree but must get skills assessment via RPL from the ACS, you lose 6 years of your experience for points test purposes. Have you taken that into account?

hi

thanks for this

yes they knocked off 6yrs but been there for 15yrs so got the maxi points for that

EOI when submitted automatically calculated 75 points (25 for age, 20 for superior english, 15 for over 8yrs of service and 15yrs for bachelor degree)

wow i didnt think it would be so fast to get the invite . fingers crossed we get it :)

Did you sit an IELTS Joanne? You'll only be able to claim 20 points for superior English if you have sat an IELTS exam, otherwise just having English as your mother tongue doesn't get you any points.

We got our invitation to apply about 15 days after our EOI was put in.

Good luck :) I'm almost certain you'll know probably between week 2 & 3. :)

I lodged my EOI on Saturday too (with 65 points) and hoping for an invite - going for the 'Developer Programmer' occupation.

We did just miss out on an invitation round (December 5th) but the next is on December 19th. The immi site lists the next invitation rounds on: http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx (Select 'Invitation Rounds' and then expand the 'Next invitation rounds' heading).

I'm being very hopeful that only around 350 of the invites in that round were for a score of 65 and above.

Good luck everyone :)

I lodged my EOI on Saturday too (with 65 points) and hoping for an invite - going for the 'Developer Programmer' occupation.

We did just miss out on an invitation round (December 5th) but the next is on December 19th. The immi site lists the next invitation rounds on: http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx (Select 'Invitation Rounds' and then expand the 'Next invitation rounds' heading).

I'm being very hopeful that only around 350 of the invites in that round were for a score of 65 and above.

Good luck everyone :)

With 65 points you will definately get an invite at the next round.

I got mine on 60 points after a couple of weeks wait.

I actually just recalculated my points and looks like I get to 75? Have they changed it recently as I was sure it was 70 last time I checked.

It seems to break down as age - 25 (for another year only!)

English - 20 (for an acceptable IELTS score)

thanks to working in Oz for the last year and 3 years in my profession in the UK: 10 (5+5)

PhD and 2 degrees in the very distant past: 20

= 75.

or did I miss something there?

Nothing has changed recently so perhaps you miscalculated in the first place. Sometimes however, people put in dates for experience that isn't eligible and because the EOI system simply goes on the dates you enter, it then allocates too many points. 75 points is overkill so if there's the slightest doubt that the system has given you 5 too many points, change your EOI to reduce the points - it won't in any way affect when you get an invitation.

I did the police checks - I got the medicals just a few weeks back when AHPRA (the people I was dependent on to validate my medical credentials) finally looked about to get their act together as the medical/CXR/Hep BC/HIV are only valid for a year.

Congrats to all on getting your positive responses. Fingers crossed this will be smooth ride (After AHPRA, I think it can only get better).

we get our meds and police check done first before applying ..right?

You can apply now and then upload your PCCs and have your medicals later. Nobody will look at your file for at least a month or so after you lodge the application and if you wait until you have PCCs and medicals before you apply, that month or so will start from then rather than now. Er..., that came out a bit garbled but I hope you can see what I'm getting at.