189 Visa Lodged December 2014

Gullu

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep an eye on the Allocation dates published by DIBP. At present, 189 applications lodged before 6 September 2014 have been allocated so it looks like about 3 months though the Christmas break could cause that to stretch.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.aspx

I think stats published by DIBM are not always up to date. If you check Visa Tracker then you will see that application lodged in mid October are getting CO allocation or direct grant.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=84

I think stats published by DIBM are not always up to date. If you check Visa Tracker then you will see that application lodged in mid October are getting CO allocation or direct grant.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=84

There's some nude photos spam on that spreadsheet - _not_ family friendly at all.

I've just submitted my application for Skilled 189 (Developer Programmer). Ouch to the dent in the wallet.

I'll be front-loading everything but just waiting on my Oz PCC to come back within the next few days so I can pop to the library and get everything scanned in.

I expected a much larger application form but everything seemed pretty straight forward - although I based my points solely on Age / IELTS score / Education and I have no dependents/partners to put on my visa.

Good luck everyone! :)

I've just submitted my application for Skilled 189 (Developer Programmer). Ouch to the dent in the wallet.

I'll be front-loading everything but just waiting on my Oz PCC to come back within the next few days so I can pop to the library and get everything scanned in.

I expected a much larger application form but everything seemed pretty straight forward - although I based my points solely on Age / IELTS score / Education and I have no dependents/partners to put on my visa.

Good luck everyone! :)

Library's have scanners? Hmm may have to look into that. I am stuck with finding somewhere to find an A3 scanner...

Library's have scanners? Hmm may have to look into that. I am stuck with finding somewhere to find an A3 scanner...

A lot of the time, those giant printer/photocopiers act as scanners. I've seen ones that will email you the scans or save them to a network drive.

The ones in Melbourne state library had a USB slot to save the documents to so I would bring a USB stick along to the library just in case.

Hi all, we got an invite on 18/12/14 and applied for 189 visa same day. Medicals are booked for 06/01/15. It is my husband, four children(17,15,12,10) and myself that are making the move. Hubby is a rail signal electrician so he is main applicant. Where is everyone planning on living in oz? We are hoping for NSW but depends on work obviously.

I'm also in West Sydney - I already had family here so it was a no brainer but I think you could argue quite convincingly against Sydney based on the house prices around here. I've had friends seriously looking at going to Melbourne or Adelaide mostly due to that (but also due to other complex taxation differences for healthcare professionals). I love being close to the Blue Mountains and not too far from a major city - but that's just me.

You are both already in oz. lucky you. I was wandering if you could advise on what the central coast area is like if you know it. Also we don't want to live near the city , we are currently living in a village in Kent that has a population of 3000 and has 3 towns about 1/2 hour away in different directions. Something similar to that would be perfect for us. Only other thing is we want to be fairly near to a beach . We need to have enough nearby for the children but far enough away to avoid city life. We all don't like city life. Any advice would be great

I have submitted my application on 02 December 2014. I have mailed the filled copy of form 1221, 80 and all scanned documents to my consultant. He will upload all my documents but he has not uploaded yet. I am planning to move to Melbourne or Perth but it depends upon job prospects when I will reach there.

Hi Gullu, which Pakistani city do you belong in?

I have submitted my application on 02 December 2014. I have mailed the filled copy of form 1221, 80 and all scanned documents to my consultant. He will upload all my documents but he has not uploaded yet. I am planning to move to Melbourne or Perth but it depends upon job prospects when I will reach there.

Hi Gullu, which Pakistani city do you belong in?

Lahore. And where are you from?

You are both already in oz. lucky you.

The worry for me with that one is if they request any more documents! They're all still back in the UK. Hoping I have enough.

I was wandering if you could advise on what the central coast area is like if you know it.

I can't comment on the Central Coast (while travelling, I went from Port Macquarie down) but I've heard absolutely brilliant things about Noosa (which is one of those 'fantastic beach' places which is relatively near Brisbane). Just in case you fancied looking further but I'm not sure about the work situation. It might be handy to start a new thread to ask for comments on where to live since there's bound to be people living on the Central Coast if that's what you're set on :)