How long does invite normally take from Expression of Interest?

Serendipity

Hi we are using a migration company (Migrate Me). Our advisor confirmed that she made our EOI on 22nd October, but still not had an invite. This seems a long time when I look at other peoples timelines!! Should I be asking questions? I've left it all with them to sort out but can I check things myself as well? Thanks.

The most likely reasons for not yet getting an invitation are if your occupation is one that is pro-rated or your EOI may be for a visa for which only low numbers are available. What is your occupation? What visa is the EOI for? How many points are you claiming?

Edited by Ozmaniac

Hi we are using a migration company (Migrate Me). Our advisor confirmed that she made our EOI on 22nd October, but still not had an invite. This seems a long time when I look at other peoples timelines!! Should I be asking questions? I've left it all with them to sort out but can I check things myself as well? Thanks.

Latest invites (14th November) had a visa date of effect of 07/11/2014 and 60 points:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/14-november-2014.aspx

You should have definately received an invite last Thursday.

As the agent for a copy of your EOI submission. It can be downloaded easily (in PDF format) from the SkillSelect website.

Hi There

I used Migrate Me as well who I have to say have been excellent throughout - frustratingly my stage 1 application went in on July 5th and I am still awaiting EOI.

I have applied on State Sponsored Permanent residency visa and I had 65 points - not sure if this visa has a number to be honest! I own my own Logistics business which is pretty successful and have passed the skills assessment which I'm told is the hardest part and the rest is just a matter of time for the EOI but it is starting to do my head in a little bit now how long it is taking.

You can't help worrying it will never happen but hopefully there si nothing to worry about !

Hi There

I used Migrate Me as well who I have to say have been excellent throughout - frustratingly my stage 1 application went in on July 5th and I am still awaiting EOI.

I have applied on State Sponsored Permanent residency visa and I had 65 points - not sure if this visa has a number to be honest! I own my own Logistics business which is pretty successful and have passed the skills assessment which I'm told is the hardest part and the rest is just a matter of time for the EOI but it is starting to do my head in a little bit now how long it is taking.

You can't help worrying it will never happen but hopefully there si nothing to worry about !

That would be a 190 visa. What state has your occupation on its occupation list? Have you applied directly to the state for sponsorship or have you submitted an EOI and are waiting for the state to nominate you (you can't apply directly to WA but can to all of the others)?

Thanks for the reply

I believe that we have submitted the application and are just awaiting an EOI from any state - our preferred one is Queensland as this is where my wife's family live (Brisbane) but I am told it isn't an issue as the states change all the time what they are after ?

To be honest I haven't ever seen the occupation list so I wouldn't know where to start - my business is logistics but I think it maybe the fact that I am a 50% shareholder and director in a successful business rather than the logistics bit that is the 'skill' that I am on the list for.

I just want to get it all sorted - it seems so long ago that the application went in - very frustrating but hopefully worth the wait in the end ( assuming a state does actually express an interest!)

My EOI was submitted 22 October too for 'Coffs Harbour' NSW. Im using Go Matilda, so Ive now missed 2 selections. I had 60 points, Im a registered nurse and looking at a 489 Regional sponsorships, at this stage should I ask them to chase it up as its over a month now and they say we can chase after 4 weeks which is the current lead time??

Hi thanks a lot for the replies. Last night I rattled off a curt email to my case worker at 'Migrate Me', requesting a copy of the EOI submission (as suggested by itegoa above, and the name of a manager or supervisor to speak to if I needed to (no I was not happy last night!!). Lo and behold this morning I get an email saying: 'I have made some enquires after reading through your email and I can confirm that I have received your invitation to apply this morning. We can now submit your visa application'.

It seems a bit of a coincidence and I have lost confidence in Migrate Me- this particular case worker didn't submit all the info for my skills assessment back in July and I was asked for additional proof of schools etc, she also failed to ask me to fill in the payment details to submit with my skills assessment paperwork, and this delayed things another few weeks as they had to contact me direct to ask for proof of payment.

Maybe I'm overreacting but I could have done a better job myself it feels!!

Anyway I'm going to phone Migrate Me tomorrow and try to sort things out and hopefully progress the application.

Thanks for your help.

f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v4dZ2TW4XyGc063K12qW7fcBvq1pctGFW6DmYf71k1H6H0?si=4871902586732544&pi=cadeb48d-6902-4d55-c38f-e13c946f0a9e

There was no invitation rounds today the last one was on the 14th Nov, next is on 28th Nov.

Is this case worker MARA registered, as on their site to MARA number is for a consultant agent based in Australia. If the persons dealing with your case is not MARA registered, you will have no comeback if they mess up your case.

That worries me - I am with migrate me as well and my application went it July 5th and despite me chasing numerous times ( in fact so much that I think I am a bit of a pain in the ass!) I have had nothing back on the EOI - MM keep telling me they have not had a response and it's fairly normal to take this long.

Am I right to be worried that in nearly 5 months I have heard nothing ? I am on 65 points and I think the 190 visa

I don't want to be too pushy but it seems when you were pushy you got the response you were looking for !!

I have no complaints about Migrate Me communication wise but I am just getting nothing back from the embassy!

That worries me - I am with migrate me as well and my application went it July 5th and despite me chasing numerous times ( in fact so much that I think I am a bit of a pain in the ass!) I have had nothing back on the EOI - MM keep telling me they have not had a response and it's fairly normal to take this long.

Am I right to be worried that in nearly 5 months I have heard nothing ? I am on 65 points and I think the 190 visa

I don't want to be too pushy but it seems when you were pushy you got the response you were looking for !!

I have no complaints about Migrate Me communication wise but I am just getting nothing back from the embassy!

the issue you may have is that you occupation may not be on any state occupation list.

Best look through each state to see if your occupation is on any and if it is target that state rather than selecting all on EOI. Some states say only select their state if you are serious about being considered for state nomination.

Copy pasted from the T&C's

Nominated Occupation:

Managing Director

Business Owner:

50% Shareholder of Ltd company with a yearly turnover of no less

than 1Million GBP's

Anzsco Code:

15pts (Aged between 40 - 44 Years)

Language:

20pts (English Language Test Required)

Employment:

15pts (Have worked in your nominated occupation for no less than 8

years in the last 10)

Education:

10pts (Meets the requirement for AIM - above)

Sponsoring State:

5pts (TBC by client as to ideal location)

Criminal Record:

No Including family Dependants

Medical Conditions:

No Including dependants

Dependant details:

Wife + Children under 18 years

Areas of concern:

N/A

TOTAL SCORED: 65pts

Service Type

State Sponsored Permanent Residency

Includes all aspects of the Permanent Residency Application:

● Skills Assessment

● Expression of Interest

● Invitation to Apply

● Obtaining state sponsorship

● Final Application submission for all family members

● Appeal Process if applicable

● Assistance with Medical and Criminal checks

I am worried now - all along I have been told it was only a matter of time but think I migh be missing something by just sitting and waiting ?!

There was no invitation rounds today the last one was on the 14th Nov, next is on 28th Nov.

Is this case worker MARA registered, as on their site to MARA number is for a consultant agent based in Australia. If the persons dealing with your case is not MARA registered, you will have no comeback if they mess up your case.

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. As I said I've had reservations for a few months but need to spend some time tomorrow looking into things. olly8 I will keep you posted. I'm going for a 189 visa so I don't know what the differences between the 189 and 190 are in terms of process. If I get a bad feeling tomorrow I am prepared to ditch them (MM) and go it alone. I have my skills assessment letter and IELTS results letter so all I'd lose is the £1400 I've paid to Migrate me!!! I hope it doesn't turn out like that though. Thanks loads.

Nominated Occupation:

Managing Director

Business Owner:

than 1Million GBP's

Anzsco Code:

Language:

Employment:

years in the last 10)

Education:

Sponsoring State:

Criminal Record:

Medical Conditions:

No Including dependants

Dependant details:

Areas of concern:

N/A

Service Type

● Skills Assessment

● Expression of Interest

● Invitation to Apply

I am worried now - all along I have been told it was only a matter of time but think I migh be missing something by just sitting and waiting ?!

I've just been through the state lists and 111111 (they even got that wrong - it only says 11111 on the above) is only really on the South Australian list - it's on for WA but as Schedule 2 which means that you would need a job offer before you could get sponsorship. You should be applying directly to SA and any decent migration agent would have done that rather than simply submitting a general EOI. I'm not at all surprised you haven't received an invitation yet!

Here's a link to the SA site:

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/

Nominated Occupation:

Managing Director

Business Owner:

than 1Million GBP's

Anzsco Code:

Language:

Employment:

years in the last 10)

Education:

Sponsoring State:

Criminal Record:

Medical Conditions:

No Including dependants

Dependant details:

Areas of concern:

N/A

Service Type

● Skills Assessment

● Expression of Interest

● Invitation to Apply

Just a few points on the notes above which may help clarify things for you.

You have stated that an EOI for you has already been lodged and you are applying under State Sponsored Permanent Residency.

You have nominated the occupation of Managing Director (ANZSCO code should be 111111). This means that you have already obtained a positive skills assessment from the Australian Institute of Managers. Have you?

You have claimed 20 points for English. This means that you have already passed an IELTS test with a score of 8 or higher in each of the four testing categories. Have you passed an IELTS test at this level?

Sponsoring State: As detailed by Ozmaniac, only SA and WA may sponsor this occupation. Have you already lodged a state sponsorship application? Until you have lodged and had a state sponsorship application approved, you will not get an invitation.

Hope this helps.

Hi

Thanks for the email - Have just checked the code and I must have erroneously deleted a 1 on the ANZSCO code when I copy pasted it! I think they have the right code

I have passed the skills assessment and got a positive response from the institute of Managers and an 8.5 in the IELTS test - to be honest I have left it with Migrate Me but am now losing faith having read the above - SA or WA aren't really helpful to me as my wife's family live in Brisbane!

Not sure what I should do now - they have told me all along that I would be ok to get an invite to Queensland and not to worry - the fact it is taking so long is causing me to worry now.

The horrible thing is it feels like my life is on hold at the moment - if I can move over on a visa then that is brilliant - if I can't then at least I know and can plan my future accordingly and stop dreaming of emigrating - I would be gutted though :(

Hi

Thanks for the email - Have just checked the code and I must have erroneously deleted a 1 on the ANZSCO code when I copy pasted it! I think they have the right code

I have passed the skills assessment and got a positive response from the institute of Managers and an 8.5 in the IELTS test - to be honest I have left it with Migrate Me but am now losing faith having read the above - SA or WA aren't really helpful to me as my wife's family live in Brisbane!

Not sure what I should do now - they have told me all along that I would be ok to get an invite to Queensland and not to worry - the fact it is taking so long is causing me to worry now.

The horrible thing is it feels like my life is on hold at the moment - if I can move over on a visa then that is brilliant - if I can't then at least I know and can plan my future accordingly and stop dreaming of emigrating - I would be gutted though :(

If they have told you all along that you would be OK to get an invite to Queensland, you should be very worried, given that your occupation is not on the Queensland list of occupations. Here is the Queensland list.

http://migration.qld.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/pdf/qsol-skilled-190.pdf

If you were to get a sponsorship by South Australia, you have a moral obligation to live and work in SA for 2 years but it is not a legal obligation and is not a visa condition. At this stage and for the foreseeable future, it looks like being your only chance of getting to Australia.

The reason you haven't heard anything since July is that with the exception of WA, you must apply directly to a state that is willing to offer sponsorship for your occupation and it sounds like that has not been done - simply submitting an EOI isn't good enough. As Raul Senise (a respected and knowledgeable RMA) has told you, until you have lodged and had a state sponsorship application approved, you will not get an invitation.

To be fair they just said it changes all the time - I don't think they have misled me in anyway I think we were just awaiting for my occupation to be on the Queensland list - so far it hasn't - I have no idea if or when it ever will.

I sent an email today and they have responded accordingly so have put my mind at ease a little - they are good guys and have been really good throughout but I guess they are only really good when they have done their job and I have a visa in hand!

They sent me a link to SA where you are correct my skill is in demand - if there is a moral obligation but not a legal one to stay in SA for two years how is this policed? Surely this is the way to go and apply to there but I feel a bit uncomfortable if I was doing this to have no intention to work or live there?

Current occupation list for Qld, which was updated in Sept. Generally there is one big update of the lists at start of financial year, generally I don't see occupations being added to the lists just being removed. Qld occupation list has always be primarily focused on nurses and trades, for a time there was not many occupations on the QLD list.

Your choices are try for state nomination for SA, or wait for QLD which may never happen. Another option could be going down the business visa route.