Vetassess Electrcial Practical - Safe Isolation??!!

Aaronspark

I'm booked in for my practical on 6th November. Been doing my revision, the only thing I'm struggling with is the Disconnection/Reconnection procedure. It doesn't doesn't read right to me and considering I could fail if I make 1 wrong move I want to be 100% I know what I'm doing when I get in there.

Has anyone else done this who can help me out?

After testing the Chassis for live, the procedure then asks you to test the equipment for live by either testing conductors or if a motor by switching it on. It then asks you to find appropriate protective device (doesn't mention isolate yet) and then test for live again (presumably at the switchboard load end and equipment end). It then asks you to isolate device with lock dog and test again.

I understand testing the chassis, but then why test for live before isolating, then after finding protective device do I need to test for live again? Before going on to isolate.

Any help would be much appreciated as it's seriously stressing me out at the mo!!

Thanks, Aaron