General Accountant Skills assessment

clue

hi,

i need some help regarding skills assessment for general accountants

Assessing bodies have mentioned to provide a syllabus document for the concerned qualification.Did anyone esp those who got their skills assessed on the basis of ACCA qualification or Bsc hons in applied accounting from oxford brookes present syllabus ?? and whether ACCA or Oxford brookes was approached for syllabus outline.

Hi,

Generally the Oxford Brookes Degree you get through ACCA isn't recognised by the assessing bodies as they feel it is not a proper degree as you did not spend 3 years studying for it, you just wrote a dissertation at the end of your professional exams (CPA told me that). To get a positive skills assessment you will need to ensure you meet 9 out of the 12 core knowledge areas.These areas can be found on the assessing bodies website. It is up to you to provide evidence that your studies have covered these areas. We contacted ACCA and asked them to provide us with the detailed syllabus' from the dates the exams were completed. You need to ensure you provide as much info as possible to support your claims.

Happyfeet is right, if the exams you have taken don't cover the core areas required, you'll need to take more exams. You should be able to do this with one of the Australian accounting bodies, however I believe you will need to switch from being an ACCA member to being a member of the accounting body you wish to take the exams with.

Hi,

Generally the Oxford Brookes Degree you get through ACCA isn't recognised by the assessing bodies as they feel it is not a proper degree as you did not spend 3 years studying for it, you just wrote a dissertation at the end of your professional exams (CPA told me that). To get a positive skills assessment you will need to ensure you meet 9 out of the 12 core knowledge areas.These areas can be found on the assessing bodies website. It is up to you to provide evidence that your studies have covered these areas. We contacted ACCA and asked them to provide us with the detailed syllabus' from the dates the exams were completed. You need to ensure you provide as much info as possible to support your claims.

zeebeth thanks for your apply.so are u an ACCA and did you get your skills assessd on the basis of BSC from oxford brookes uni.....

When you asked ACCA to provide you with syllabus from the dates when exams were taken di they provide you with detailed syllabus ??