Cheaper flights through IOM Australia !!!!!!!

Guest jonseywife

Guest jonseywife

Thought this might be of interest.................Heres an update on an enquiry I made to the IOM (International Organization for Migration) for assisted one way travel for migrants.

For the six of us, we we're quoted £3457 on line with Quantas (£595 per adult) and through the IOM it works out at £2369 (£355 per adult) ............

thats a saving of £1088 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :swoon:

I reckon its definately worth contacting them for a quote............ But remember you can't have long stop overs, its more or less direct I think !!!

Below is a quote and check-in baggage allowance for one way travel for you and your family from London to Melbourne (for 5 ADT / 1 CHD / 0 INF), based on the departure in November 2007. The cost is in US dollar (USD).

ROUTING:

LHR/MEL

UNIT COST

NUMBER

TOTAL

AIRLINE(S):

Qantas

BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE:

40KG per seated passenger

FARE ADULT (USD)

FARE CHILD (Less than 12 years) USD

FARE INFANT (Less than 2 years, not occupying a seat) USD

n.a.

-

Service Fee p/p (USD)

*does not apply to infant

TOTAL ESTIMATE TRAVEL COSTS (USD)

USD

Guest Emmy B

Hello,

Just been on the IOM website, but cannot figure out where the information on flights is on there! Do you know the link or did you just call them for a quote?

Emmy B

Guest jonseywife

lol...... I worked it out to be quite a few extra CRATES of wine, Lyn !!!!!

You have to e-mail them IOMAustralia@iom.int

I just explained that we had our visa, and wondered if they could give us a quote on one-way assisted travel for migrants (it tells you about this on your visa acceptance letter).

They need know:

How many of you travelling (How many adults and ages of the kids)

Departure location (airport)

Destination

And preferred month of travel

There were really helpful, and got back to me within a couple of days with the quote.

But dont blame me if you get a bad seat (mmmmm.........thats my only worry :skeptical:- but still worth considering ?????????!!!!!!! )

Guest dunnarunna

But dont blame me if you get a bad seat (mmmmm.........thats my only worry :skeptical:- but still worth considering ?????????!!!!!!! )

maybe at that price sally ann they chuck you in with the luggage:huh: but i shall give them a try for a quote when we get our visa. might be good for you as your going to melbourne & i think quantas go straight there, i think, for us we`d then have to get another flight to adelaide????

donna

Guest billy braveheart

Hi there,

It may well be the case that flights are cheaper with IOM when flying from england,

Our friends who left 2 weeks ago for perth contacted them for quotes and they worked out at £237.50 per person MORE expensive than booking direct with Emirates flying from Glasgow,which when added up for 4 is £950 more so be aware that if your flying from scotland it doesnt benefit you to book through IOM

hope this helps others leaving from Scotland

Billy

Archived