Work experience points

derbygirl

We have finally received our successful skills assessment from TRA. The problem is we need the maximum points for work experience and they have only given us 7.5 years post training. Will Immi only look at the or can we claim for the 8 years and send in extra evidence to cover this period? Is there anyway around this - we can't wait the six months as oh who's the applicant has a significant birthday in November and we lose 10 points. OH been a plasterer for over 15 years but they have only recognised the last 10.5 years probably because I didn't have much records before 2004 so I just did a stat dec and sent the limited tax records I had. any advice anyone feel the Oz dream is slipping through our fingers!

We have finally received our successful skills assessment from TRA. The problem is we need the maximum points for work experience and they have only given us 7.5 years post training. Will Immi only look at the or can we claim for the 8 years and send in extra evidence to cover this period? Is there anyway around this - we can't wait the six months as oh who's the applicant has a significant birthday in November and we lose 10 points. OH been a plasterer for over 15 years but they have only recognised the last 10.5 years probably because I didn't have much records before 2004 so I just did a stat dec and sent the limited tax records I had. any advice anyone feel the Oz dream is slipping through our fingers!

Work experience is only included for last ten years anyway, so no point going any further back than 2004. Do you have 8 years evidence in the last ten years? If so, was there some reason TRA did not include it all that you know of?

Yes we do have 10 years evidence which we sent but they havent counted the first 3 years as its classed as 'training' (we put in a stat dec for this for 1999- 03 as oh was in Ireland and so limited evidence which they seem to have ignored and only looked at evidence from 04 onward). I'm just struggling to understand if we can claim 15 points in our EOI as my oh has been working for the last ten years or if immi will just look at TRA results and insist it has to be post training (which is stupid as he's been doing this for 15 years its just TRA haven't recognised it!!!) So confused and deflated!! Appreciate any insight?? Thanks

If TRA has considered that he was fully qualified for only part of the time covered by the evidence submitted, it seems to me that you would be taking a huge risk if you claim experience points for any time they haven't recognised. Has he done IELTS? If not, that's by far the easiest way to get points. There are a couple of threads on the current front page of PIO that will help him to maximise his scores.

Edited by Ozmaniac