457 Queries - Please help

Katrol

:wink: Hello Everyone

We have been really fortunate to secure a company very keen on sponsoring us. They lodged an application with Immi yesterday to become an authorised business sponsor. Has anyone got any ideas it takes for this application to be completed? I have googled my fingers off, but cant get an estimate. One day, One week, One Month....no idea.

The other thing is, I will be doing the application myself as getting an agent is just too expensive and trying to cut costs where we can. Is there anyone that has done a 457 visa themselves that I can get some advise from when the time arrives to submit.

Thank you so much. A million things racing through my head.:wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Iv also managed to get a company to sponsor me :) . I was wondering if you could help out with the 1st page of the online application.

the company have lodged their nomination part and got the nomination TRN number. where and how do i get the sponsorship TRN number? the 1st question on the 1st page?

would be really greatfull if anyone could help.

:wink: Hello Everyone

We have been really fortunate to secure a company very keen on sponsoring us. They lodged an application with Immi yesterday to become an authorised business sponsor. Has anyone got any ideas it takes for this application to be completed? I have googled my fingers off, but cant get an estimate. One day, One week, One Month....no idea.

The other thing is, I will be doing the application myself as getting an agent is just too expensive and trying to cut costs where we can. Is there anyone that has done a 457 visa themselves that I can get some advise from when the time arrives to submit.

Thank you so much. A million things racing through my head.:wacko:

Hi Katrol,

The Company that is sponsoring us applied to become a sponsorship company on the 30th of June and was rewarded sponsorship status on the 19th of September (can vary on time, our company is large so a lot more to look through). They then lodged stage 2 and 3 on the 20th of September and have received correspondence from a case officer today asking them for more info. They said it is taking an average of 4 weeks to complete a 457 if the company already has status to sponsor....like others have said every case is different, it will be quick if they have been provided with everything they need!

The wait is really hard, i do feel your pain!! With so much to sort this end i am grateful for the delay as it is a big step and a lot to organise :eek:

Good luck with it all.

The4larkins

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys, do you mind me asking how you secured the sponsorship? Was it through the skills application or did you do it yourself? Good luck x x

Hi Adele,

I have secured it after multiple tries & interviews over Skype, with finally one employer agreeing to do it. But now the Sponsorship application with the Immigration department seems like going on for ages, with every step seeming like it's the next hurdle. :(