Finding a job in Australia

Jan Horcicka

Hello,

I am hoping to find some some advice on relocating to and working in Australia.

I am young, a little experienced post-graduate (not fresh graduate) from Czech Republic. I would like to find a job and relocate to Australia. But from my communication with companies and recruiting agencies, they hire only local residents, so I would need to get a VISA in order to get hired. But the only VISAs available to me are those that need sponsorship. It seems like a unbreakable circle. I also do not wish for any unqualified job as I would like to progress my career.

From what I just found, my only possibility is to go for 189 VISA, then relocate and then try to search for a job, Although all this sound quite expensive and uncertain. Are there any other possibilities? Is it possible to find job before relocating to Australia?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Jan

I think you may have some mis-communication going on there. Lots of companys request you are here before they will committ to employing you but there are also lots of companys who will and do sponsor people from overseas, you just need to contact as many companys as you can and see if they are willing to sponsor you.

First you would need to make sure you qualified for a sponsorship visa and that you could meet the criteria given, if you did find a company willing to take you on.

Cal x

I think you may have some mis-communication going on there. Lots of companys request you are here before they will committ to employing you but there are also lots of companys who will and do sponsor people from overseas, you just need to contact as many companys as you can and see if they are willing to sponsor you.

First you would need to make sure you qualified for a sponsorship visa and that you could meet the criteria given, if you did find a company willing to take you on.

Cal x

Thanks Cal.

Any idea where to make sure I am qualified for sponsorship? I talked to some agents, they didn't want to hear about it and then I contacted Unilever as a big model company and they told me that they hire only locals, so I took it as a metric.

Thanks Cal.

Any idea where to make sure I am qualified for sponsorship? I talked to some agents, they didn't want to hear about it and then I contacted Unilever as a big model company and they told me that they hire only locals, so I took it as a metric.

Are you in an occupation on the skilled list? If you are then you mat be eligible for sponsorship. It still means finding a willing sponsor though, which is very hard.

Are you in an occupation on the skilled list? If you are then you mat be eligible for sponsorship. It still means finding a willing sponsor though, which is very hard.

I have Master's degree in Business administration and management with specialization on Financial management. From the list I could see myself being either Finance Manager-132211-CPAA/ICAA/IPA (not by any chance on the manager level at this point of my career path) or ICT business Analyst-261111-ACS (with 2 years experience as a Business Analyst). Nothing other than that.

So from this I believe it is possible. Although I have no idea how to find a sponsorship other than contacting companies one by one and hoping for "one in a milion" shot. :/

I have Master's degree in Business administration and management with specialization on Financial management. From the list I could see myself being either Finance Manager-132211-CPAA/ICAA/IPA (not by any chance on the manager level at this point of my career path) or ICT business Analyst-261111-ACS (with 2 years experience as a Business Analyst). Nothing other than that.

So from this I believe it is possible. Although I have no idea how to find a sponsorship other than contacting companies one by one and hoping for "one in a milion" shot. :/

This is not about matching your qualification to something on the list, it is about matching your occupation to something on the list. It is rarely possible to get a visa on the back of academic qualifications alone. From what you have said, I suspect that you are not going to qualify at this point in time. I think you should put Australia on a back burner and focus on your career for a few years, then come back to it and see if you qualify then.

Hello,

I am hoping to find some some advice on relocating to and working in Australia.

I am young, a little experienced post-graduate (not fresh graduate) from Czech Republic. I would like to find a job and relocate to Australia. But from my communication with companies and recruiting agencies, they hire only local residents, so I would need to get a VISA in order to get hired. But the only VISAs available to me are those that need sponsorship. It seems like a unbreakable circle. I also do not wish for any unqualified job as I would like to progress my career.

From what I just found, my only possibility is to go for 189 VISA, then relocate and then try to search for a job, Although all this sound quite expensive and uncertain. Are there any other possibilities? Is it possible to find job before relocating to Australia?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Jan

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy?