Regional 475 to PR

Dobbsy

JUST WANTED TO TELL THE WORLD.....

AFTER 5 YEARS (2 IN THE UK & 3 IN WA) WE NOW HAVE PR !!!! hee hee!

Yes 5 years ago we started the migration process. We couldn't get a PR visa as they didn't recognise my GTP Teacher Training qualification. I worked as a Food Technology & Hospitality secondary school teacher in Derby, UK. Anyway after a lot of hard work from Maryanne at TRUE BLUE MIGRATION we managed to get a regional sponsored 475 visa in WA and we came across as a Vocational Teacher (adult education).

Our visa conditions meant we had to live for 2 years and work regional, which was fine as we were only 1 postcode away from where we wanted to settle anyway. It was really tough for the first 18 months, finding the right employment. Literally taking a huge backwards step to make ends meet. But hey ho.... waitressing for a living wasn't that bad, not when the dolphins swam up to the boardwalk most days. My husband hasn't got a trade, so he too found it hard to get a job that could support all 4 of us. He was never really out of work, just took a while to get a better paid job.

Our daughter was 13 at the time, and to say she struggled to settle would have been an understatement. She didn't want to move in the first place, so for a long time we had a black cloud over our adventure.

So, with limited money, having to work many unsociable hours, an old banger of a car, getting to grips with our new way of life and a drama queen teenager you may ask us was it all worth it?

My husband and I had a good life in the UK, lots of loving family and friends and I had a good secure career. It was when my husband got made redundant we decided to take the risk... and boy what a risk. But we wanted to 'live', no regrets, experience a bit more of the world, and most importantly give our children the opportunity to grow in so many more ways.

Nearly 3 years on in this beautiful country, with many good and not so good bits (just like anywhere in the world) we have embraced Australia and its people and even though we have often questioned 'when will it all fall in to place for us?' we have never once said..... "lets move back'.

I miss my friends and my family so much at times, I cry myself to sleep, and they will never be replaced. But we have met some lovely people along our Journey who are now 'proper friends' who we can relax with and enjoy good times.

So for all of you guys out there who want to follow your dream, don't give up. It may take a while for it to happen... but then the best things in life are worth waiting for !!!!!

and YES its worth it....... I feel alive !

(and thank you to all the members who have given me advice on this site over the last 5 years! :wink:)

Timeline: 100,000 years ago - August 2011 granted temp 475 visa, moved to WA Oct 2011 absolutely skint on a shoe string, Applied March 2014 for PR (very straight forward on line application and $724), Case Officer August 19th 2014 - Visa Granted Sept 1st 2014 !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dobbsy