Vetassess Skills Assessment

Allie

Hiya

You have to submit evidence to Vetassess of all your qualifications, along with evidence that you meet all of the other requirements.

I think the processing times can be found on the Vetassess website. Are you applying under a trade occupation? The process is a bit different if you have to do a practical assessment/technical interview.

Hi Shelly!

Thanks for the quick reply. We actually have an agent and she has submitted our qualification requirements on our behalf. Our nominated occupation is for Hotel/Motel Manager under 489/190 visa. Qualifications were lodged to Vetassess last Aug. 11. I am getting soooo nervous and stressed over the waiting period. Getting paranoid :(

Sorry, as we applied as a trade occupation I don't know processing times for Hotel Manager but have a look around the forum and do a few searches and you might be able to find some more info. I think it's often a wait of a few months for Vetassess, when my sister undertook the skill assessment late last year for Project Manager I'm sure it took 16-17 weeks (although this may be out of date now). Can't your Agent give you any advice, they must have other experiences of submitting to Vetassess?? And you are paying them for help after all.

I recommend trying to get used to the waiting lol Every part of the process involves a lot of waiting! Saying that, we're at the final hurdle and the wait is slowly killing me........

• 4 weeks later...
I am posting here, so as not to open a new thread. I have seen in VETASSESS' website that you need at least one year of relevant employment to assess your degree. what if you do not have any employment to demonstrate? Isn't it possible to assess your degree?

You can have your degree assessed without using VETASSESS.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys...sad news. Just received results from vetassess and it's negative. I actually do not understand why. I will apply for reassessment. Would anyone know the success rate of getting a positive result from reassessment? Any tips on how I can up my chance of getting positive results given this second chance? Thanks in foresight!

Rotten luck - you must be very disappointed.

Surely VETASSESS have told you why the result was negative? If they did, it would be pointless applying for a reassessment unless you can rectify the problem. If they didn't tell you, you should find out the reason before you do anything further. Fixing the problem or providing additional information relating to it will be the only way to up your chances of getting a positive result.

Edited by Ozmaniac

Hi Allie. Really sorry to hear about your negative result. My paperwork is with Vetassess at the moment. Sounds a bit silly now, but I thought if we are paying visa agents to submit the evidence for us it would be of a standard to get a pass. I'm a little worried now.

Hopefully it is something simple you need to get the pass.

I am devastated...I applied for Customer Service Manager as I think that it is the most relevant to my work experience in the hotel industry. Here are the reasons they stated;

The highly relevant major fields of study are Business/Commerce/Business

Administration/Management.

An analysis of the qualification’s transcripts reveals the major field of study is Economics.

Therefore the major field of study was assessed as negative. - I don't understand how Economics is not relevant to Business/Commerce

As a Reservations Manager / Supervisor you were responsible for managing hotels’

reservations process. A Customer Service Manager develops and reviews policies,

programs and procedures concerning customer relations and goods and services

provided as well as plans and implements after-sales services to follow up customer

satisfaction, ensures performance of goods purchased, and modifies and improves

services provided. A Customer Service Manager would not usually be in contact with

customers on a daily basis but overseeing all customer service policies. Based on the

evidence provided in support of the employment positions, your roles focussed on sales

and marketing with minimal involvement in planning and implementation of customer

service standards, policies and procedures. - I don't understand this as I work in a customer service/hospitality industry and this is basically what I do. I suppose it has a lot to do with how I presented my task lists as initially I was applying for hotel/motel manager but had the occupation changed to Customer Service Manager.

I strongly feel that I can defend my credentials and prove it through reassessment. My question is, does anyone know of the success rate of reassessments? Are there real cases wherein they reconsider after additional proof were submitted?

Rotten luck - you must be very disappointed.

Surely VETASSESS have told you why the result was negative? If they did, it would be pointless applying for a reassessment unless you can rectify the problem. If they didn't tell you, you should find out the reason before you do anything further. Fixing the problem or providing additional information relating to it will be the only way to up your chances of getting a positive result.

Hi Allie. My husbands skills assessment came back negative in June and we submitted for reassessment and are still waiting. We don't understand how it came back negative either. Our migration agent phoned them to find out information and they basically told him that my husband's job description and what he does doesn't match their vetassess criteria (corporate services manager). It does match, perfectly ... so my husband collected more information (thru emails with invitations to business/corporate meetings and conferences, etc) and took their list of criteria and stated beneath each one what he does and provided evidence to support it and then he had his HR Manager sign it. We hope this will result in a positive out come this time. :/ Our first vetassess submission was in February....2nd beginning of July.....and we are still waiting :(

Hi Canuck! Why that long? I was told by my agent that reassessments take 4 weeks but she'll ask Vetassess to expedite. Maybe you can have your agent look into it again? What kind of evidences did your husband submit as I am being very careful now and giving it my all to ensure I get a positive result this time. I hope somebody who had the same experience as ours, posts here to say that his/her outcome has been positive...just to give us some hope. All the best Canuck! Update me!

Yeah, we were told it would be 3-4 weeks for the reassessment too. I am thinking my husbands information is sitting on the desk of an assessor that's not very quick working ;) Our agent has been phoning them about every 2 weeks and they keep on telling him that it is is "in progress" and that is all they can say/do about it. We are very frustrated and stressed. Do you think it would be beneficial for my husband to phone Vetassess himself?

For my husbands second attempt at assessment, he resubmitted everything that was submitted the first time (Finance degree, other designations, employment history, resume, job description, among other things) as well as emails from the CEO inviting him to meetings and that type of thing, any certificates/emails proving his attendance at planning meetings, organizational involvement, etc. Also, he went through every single bullet that vetassess has listed for Corporate Service Manager and stated how he meets each criteria and then provided the evidence (ie, notes from a meeting that he planned, etc). They seemed to think that he did sales instead of management (!?!?!??) which we have no idea how they got that from his job description. He is ultimately responsible for the sales of the corporation (since he is the corporate services MANAGER) but he doesn't actually do sales himself....so its just a bit confusing as to where they got that from.

I will update as soon as we hear something (HOPEFULLY SOON!) and you keep us updated too. I have this feeling that we will never hear back from vetassess.... haha

please do tell how? because we had to have ours evaluated through VETASSESS as per Immigration requirements.....

VETASSESS does not assess the comparability of academic qualifications, they refer to CEP, Google CEP.

VETASSESS does generate opinions about whether an academic qualification is 'highly relevant' for their purposes.

Getting really depressed...I am preparing all the necessary additional documents for the review of my case. I checked the task list and I think I do most of them if not all, it's just that im in the hotel industry and not a call center. We also handle calls in the reservations department. You think it's sufficient proof if I have my previous bossess write a letter certifying i do the tasks enlisted relating to customer service?

Yeah, we were told it would be 3-4 weeks for the reassessment too. I am thinking my husbands information is sitting on the desk of an assessor that's not very quick working ;) Our agent has been phoning them about every 2 weeks and they keep on telling him that it is is "in progress" and that is all they can say/do about it. We are very frustrated and stressed. Do you think it would be beneficial for my husband to phone Vetassess himself?

For my husbands second attempt at assessment, he resubmitted everything that was submitted the first time (Finance degree, other designations, employment history, resume, job description, among other things) as well as emails from the CEO inviting him to meetings and that type of thing, any certificates/emails proving his attendance at planning meetings, organizational involvement, etc. Also, he went through every single bullet that vetassess has listed for Corporate Service Manager and stated how he meets each criteria and then provided the evidence (ie, notes from a meeting that he planned, etc). They seemed to think that he did sales instead of management (!?!?!??) which we have no idea how they got that from his job description. He is ultimately responsible for the sales of the corporation (since he is the corporate services MANAGER) but he doesn't actually do sales himself....so its just a bit confusing as to where they got that from.

I will update as soon as we hear something (HOPEFULLY SOON!) and you keep us updated too. I have this feeling that we will never hear back from vetassess.... haha[/quote

Hey Canuck, any news? Feeling so stressed out...