Proof of Superannuation from previous Oz employment

kellyconnor

We've been asked by our case officer for proof of Superannuation contributions from my husbands previous job in Oz which was from 2007 to 2008. We don't have any old payslips but we did have a letter from Axa confirming the amount which was repaid back to him when we came home which the CO has rejected as proof. Just sent an email to see if Axa are able to provide a statement of acct for him but found out they are now part of a AMP in Oz. Anyone been asked for this info and if so any advice on what else we could do? Haven't tried old employer as not sure what they would be able to provide or if they would even reply. Would the Government tax office in Oz be able to help?

Edited by kellyconnor
Typo

Did you keep your tax return for that year? I see you are supposed to keep them for five years (which I did not know.) You could contact the ATO. What about the former employer? AXA being taken over by AMP should not make any difference to whether they kept records of your membership in a super fund?

[h=2]How long should you keep your records?[/h]Generally, you must keep your written evidence for five years from the date you lodge your tax return, or, if you:

• have claimed a deduction for decline in value (formerly known as depreciation) – five years from the date of your last claim for decline in value
  • acquire or dispose of an asset – five years after it is certain that no capital gains tax (CGT) event can happen, so you know you don't need the records to work out a capital gain or loss
  • are in dispute with us – the later of five years from the date you lodge your tax return or when the dispute is finalised.

We've been asked by our case officer for proof of Superannuation contributions from my husbands previous job in Oz which was from 2007 to 2008. We don't have any old payslips but we did have a letter from Axa confirming the amount which was repaid back to him when we came home which the CO has rejected as proof. Just sent an email to see if Axa are able to provide a statement of acct for him but found out they are now part of a AMP in Oz. Anyone been asked for this info and if so any advice on what else we could do? Haven't tried old employer as not sure what they would be able to provide or if they would even reply. Would the Government tax office in Oz be able to help?

Can you tell me what's happened in your case?