489 visa application

GMacp

I've passed IELTS and got the Skill Select for Software Engineer. For me to gain Regional State sponsorship from Victoria, I need to have a job offer. Now Victoria take 12 weeks to process requests, and then DIBP take 2-4 months. I just can't see any employer willing to wait 5-6 months for me to take up a post.

I am applying for jobs via Seek, but no joy as of yet. I think this long dely may be putting potential employers off.

Anyone else went down this route and found a way through it??

Thanks

Gale.

Why ain't you applying for 489 Subclass Provisional Visa State & Territory sponsored.

Rather than applying Employer sponsored?

And why ain't you looking at other States?

I've passed IELTS and got the Skill Select for Software Engineer. For me to gain Regional State sponsorship from Victoria, I need to have a job offer. Now Victoria take 12 weeks to process requests, and then DIBP take 2-4 months. I just can't see any employer willing to wait 5-6 months for me to take up a post.

I am applying for jobs via Seek, but no joy as of yet. I think this long dely may be putting potential employers off.

Anyone else went down this route and found a way through it??

Thanks

Gale.

Hi Ishfaq,

I am using the State Nominated Regional avenue. For my Skill then have a condition that i must have a Job Offer before they'll consider my visa application. It is not the Employer that is sponsoring me.

I have looked at other states - NT have same conditions as Vic, WA - same as Vic. We hoped for SA, however on 1/7/14 they moved the goal posts and took 261313 off their list. Got my positive skill assessement thru on 2/7/14

Gale.

Hi Ishfaq,

I am using the State Nominated Regional avenue. For my Skill then have a condition that i must have a Job Offer before they'll consider my visa application. It is not the Employer that is sponsoring me.

I have looked at other states - NT have same conditions as Vic, WA - same as Vic. We hoped for SA, however on 1/7/14 they moved the goal posts and took 261313 off their list. Got my positive skill assessement thru on 2/7/14

Gale.

Realistically, I don't think an offshore applicant is going to be able to meet those conditions. More likely they are there for the odd onshore applicant, here on another visa but for whatever reason cannot get permanent residency any other way. It is a reflection of the scarcity of jobs.

I was going to go down the route of 263212, however, just as i was about to pay the money, SA removed it from the list. Seems a bit fluid at the moment.

Have been warned off the 189, if i lose my job, i have 30 days to find another or leave the country...a bit drastic.

Also, i need the 10 points from nomination to make the minimum of 60.

Gale.

I was going to go down the route of 263212, however, just as i was about to pay the money, SA removed it from the list. Seems a bit fluid at the moment.

Have been warned off the 189, if i lose my job, i have 30 days to find another or leave the country...a bit drastic.

Also, i need the 10 points from nomination to make the minimum of 60.

Gale.

The 189 is the permanent skilled migrant visa. You don't have to work at all if you don't want to.

The 189 is a permanent visa, so you don't have to work a day of your life and you can still stay. You (or whoever told you this) have confused this with the 457 visa perhaps.

This is a good rough ranking of the common visas:

189 - the best there is. It is a permanent visa and has no restrictions

190 - a permanent visa but requires state sponsorship

489 - a provisional visa with a lot of restrictions and only leads to a permanent visa once these conditions are me and requires state or family sponsorship.

457 - a temporary visa which may never lead to permanent residence and requires business sponsorship.

As you can see, if you can qualify for a 189. That would be the way to go.