Form 80 - and timeline post EOI

Captain Roberto

@CaptainR - thanks! I don't suppose you know whether you can add all your work experience in an EOI, but then choose not to use this towards your points for the visa?

The reason for this is that my wife worked most of the last 10 yeRs on 18.5 hours per week and also had 2 spells of maternity leave. This experience won't count, and we don't need these pouts as we have 60 through other means

Any info much appreciated

Hi Matthewroberts. I have applied for a 189 visa without claiming work experience. I listed all of my employment in the EOI but selected not relevant next to each job (I deliberated for ages over the best way to do it and this was recommended in some forums). That way the automated system won't award you any points for it but they still get to see your employment history (which you will have to list again in your actual application so it's best they match up). For me, my experience was technically relevant (in my eyes!) but the accountancy assessment board don't class your work as skilled unless it's post-qualifying. Since I had less than 3 years post qualification I just selected it all as not relevant, and I had 65 points without it anyway. I'm at the point where I've applied and been allocated a case officer and they haven't said anything so I assume it's ok!

Regarding Form 80, I did the same as CaptainR and filled it in and attached it in advance, even though it might not be needed. It takes ages (all of your trips abroad in the last 10 years etc) so I thought it best to get a head start! Hope that's helpful, good luck.

Lisa

Hi @LisatoOz - thanks for this. We have a simultaneous issue where my wife @robley might be just below the 20 hours per week threshold.

We have an agent we hired just for EOI help who has given us slightly different advice. But the end result is the same, as we an get 60 points without the work experienced.

Much appreciated!

On the form 80 - places visited overseas. How accurate does this need to be?

Ideally I'd just put everywhere I went, but between 2004 / 2008 I was an international DJ and went abroad often (2 or 3 times a month)

I can probably piece it all together well enough, but it might end up that I miss some (I'll have to dig through old emails, old passports etc). Outside Europe should be easy due to passport stamps but within Europe might be tricker as there are no stamps.

Ideally I'd get this all correct, but if I forgot some, could this be problematic?

I’m intend to apply Partner Visa Onshore (820/801), and I’m trying to arranged all required documents in advance. Once I filled in the Form 80 which noted that it required the employment background and education background. I wonder do I need to get any document proof?