HELP - 457 Visa to Employer Sponsored PR

woody2910

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if anyone can give any guidance on the following issue I have:

1) Currently on a 457 with one employer post the two years tranisitional requirement for PR Visa. - Employer normally sponsors or has in the past for PR of its employees but there are currently 6 of us national and they are looking at their HR processes regarding PR Visa (not a good thing) - so I am in limbo.

2) New employer (never sponsored any employee) - advised they would consider sponsorship via the direct stream. As they have never nominated anyone - what exactly is the evidence/requirements for the training documentation/element? As its a small construction company and has several apprentices.

Also one quick question - if nomination for the new employer is rejected by Immi - does that gepodise my current 457 (which I have another 2 years on) at all?

Thanks for your comments

To go visa the direct entry stream you would need to get a positive skills assessment first of all. Have you looked into this and do you know if you can pass it? If you can pass it, then could you not apply for skilled migration independent of any employer? Your occupation would need to be on the SOL or on the CSOL with your state sponsoring for skilled migration.

The 186 application is independent of the 457 application so no, if you are declined for the PR employer sponsored, nothing changes with respect to your 457. Unless of course you have resigned by then, in which case you and your company would have taken steps to cancel it.

Cheers for the reply - I am an unlucky one where the occupation is on the CSOL (no state sponsors) and not on the SOL for independant.

I would get a positive skills assessment.

Thanks for all the help.

Do you know what documents the employer is need to submit (especially interested in the training docs) and what are the main reasons for denial on the eployer nomination element?