AOS what is the income theshold you have to met

Guest hels

hi guys

im just about to lodge my parents AOS (for a perm contrib aged parent visa) and I saw that I need to earn a certain amount of money (as per below)

does anyone actually know what the threshold is ?

I was planning on just putting myself on the application but have a feeling I may not earn enough, luckily my ex husband has agreed if needs be to go on the form with me as hes happy to assist.

but if anyone can shed any light id be grateful

:chatterbox:

To become an assurer, you have to meet all of the following conditions. You must:

•have an income greater than the threshold for the current financial year

•have income greater than the threshold for the previous financial year

•be an Australian resident

•be 18 or older

•provide proof of identity, and

•be able to get a bank guarantee, if required

hi pumpkin

im not asking about the fee I know that's $14k, im asking about the part on income assessment - "must have an income greater than the threshold for the current financial year"

ive looked around but I cant find any info relating to what the dollar amount is id have to earn to be approved to be their assurer

heres the link

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/assurance-of-support

As usual with most things set by a government agency, there's no one simple answer. Here are the rules:

The level of income you must have will depend on:

• the number of people in your immediate family

• the number of adults you are seeking to assure,

and

• whether there are any other Assurers (i.e. you are giving a joint Assurance of Support).

The minimum amount of income you must demonstrate is based on the annual rate of Newstart Allowance

and, if you have dependent children, Family Tax Benefit (Part A). This is then increased according to the number

of dependent children you have and the number of adults who will be covered by the Assurance of Support.

If you are already an assurer for somebody else the income threshold will be increased to reflect your

commitments under the existing Assurance of Support. The income threshold is reviewed annually in line

with the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The Department of Human Services can tell you what the current

threshold is.