CDR

Davidwen

Hi my friends...

I'm new here, i've studied Mechanical engineering and i'm looking forward to get back to my family in Australia. Actually my university hasn't been added in Australian list yet, my friend just told me about CDR:

MY QUESTIONS :

1.Is there anybody here that could tell me what's CDR about?

2.When should we go down for CDR route?

3.How many points i would take for this? 10 points or 15 points?

A CDR is a Competency Demonstration Report which is used by Engineers Australia to assess the skills of engineers who don't have Washington Accord qualifications. Read all about it on the EA migration skills assessment pages:

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/about-us/migration-skills-assessment

AFAIK, a CDR provides no points for qualifications.

Edited by Ozmaniac

A CDR is a Competency Demonstration Report which is used by Engineers Australia to assess the skills of engineers who don't have Washington Accord qualifications. Read all about it on the EA migration skills assessment pages:

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/about-us/migration-skills-assessment

AFAIK, a CDR provides no points for qualifications.

Can't be true. I didn't have to do a CDR for my skills assessment with EA even though my qualification wasn't a Washington accord but a Sydney Accord one instead.

Can't be true. I didn't have to do a CDR for my skills assessment with EA even though my qualification wasn't a Washington accord but a Sydney Accord one instead.

In that case, according to the EA Migration Skills Assessment booklet, you must have been assessed as an Engineering Technologist rather than a 'Professional Engineer' by EA. As I understand it, Sydney Accord qualifications are only applicable to skills assessment for Engineering Technologists. The OP has stated that he is a Mechanical Engineer.

Thanks everybody, i really appreciate that,

My Basic question is if i get my Skill Assessment from EA after CDR would Australian government consider me 15 points for my bachelor degreee? to be mentioned that i don't have any job experience at the moment, cause i've just graduated from university. I'm struggling and doubting about my points ...?

I don't think there's a simple answer to your question. If you have any degree that is considered to be the equivalent of an Australian degree, you get 15 points, even if that degree isn't related in any way to your nominated occupation but it must be equivalent. The standard EA assessment outcome will include an opinion on the comparable relevant Australian level qualification to your overseas qualification used in support of the assessed outcome. That will tell you how many (if any) points you can claim for education.

Oh yes you are right about how they assess the degrees, But there is a new problem here for me that is kind of new:

As you just mentioned EA check out the equivalently of my bachelor degree with those universities name that has been added in their comparable list. But as my university has been changed the name and separated into two vast universities, the new name hasn't considered yet. As this new university is one of the best universities in comparison with other lower universities that have their name in EA list as comparable institutions, I think there should be a way to let them know about this changes.

For instance by showing a letter from the Basic university(that is comparable in their list) that ''We've divided our university into 2 different vast universities but new one should have considered until from 2009 but it hasn't yet''

OR EA itself search this issue by contacting the ''Ministry of Science, research and technology'' in Iran

OR they tell us about new updates for their Iranian universities list in an scheduled time.

DO you know anything about this problem ? have you heard of the same situation for any others?