Applying for PR(186visa) from 457 without agent?

Glasgowdave

Hi All

Im currently looking into the option of applying for an employer nominated 186 visa from my 457 visa.

My query is has anyone done this without the help of an agent? The reason I ask is my employer is willing to sponser however not fund the application and I'm trying to keep costs down to a minimum where possible.

If you have done this yourself is there any advice/tips you can give to help me with the process?

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks heaps in advance

david

I did my 186 Transition Stream application on my own. Other than basic nerves of hoping I hadn't missed something, I didn't have too much trouble. You can do your own application, but it will be up to the employer to do the nomination. Are you and they comfortable that they can manage this? That would be the concern from my perspective, since you need the nomination approved before your application can be approved.

Has the employer sponsored PR before?

Hey thanks for the reply

I dont think they have sponsered for PR before as they are a fairly new company (3 years old), however they have at least 30 '457' based staff and the HR team seem fairly on the ball so I would have confidence in them submitting the nomination correctly.

I did my 186 Transition Stream application on my own. Other than basic nerves of hoping I hadn't missed something, I didn't have too much trouble. You can do your own application, but it will be up to the employer to do the nomination. Are you and they comfortable that they can manage this? That would be the concern from my perspective, since you need the nomination approved before your application can be approved.

Hey Thanks for the reply

I am fairly confident that they can manage the nomination part from their side, the HR team seems quite on the ball.

Thats great that you managed to do it yourself, like I was saying Im really trying to bring the overall cost to a minimum and with you having done it yourself gives me confidence I should (hopefully) be able to manage it myself.

Thanks very much again.

Cheers